S3 with 17" wheels?

boggysv

Reaction score
I've got some trackdays planned for the end of this year, and wondering if it'd be worth it to get a set of 17wheels for it? Other than the lower rotating mass and cost, what other benefits or downsides should I expect?

Think I can get a set of golf gti wheels for cheap and it wouldnt cost too much to put on some decent rubber.

Good idea?

Finding a wheel to fit over the calipers will be hard - why not purchase a lightweight 18"

going down 1" won't be a noticeable difference on the track

Get a set of 18" wheels with Toyo 888's on them :)

Finding a wheel to fit over the calipers will be hard - why not purchase a lightweight 18"

going down 1" won't be a noticeable difference on the track

Get a set of 18" wheels with Toyo 888's on them :)

Cost. Tires for 18" cost more, and if I'm going to chew them up every 20thousand kilometers:faint:, I'd rather do it to the cheaper 17"s:idea:.

To quote martinivw:hi:, there's a "gucci" set of 18" volks RE30 (mkv/8p fitment) sitting at a local tyre shop right now:drool::wub: :hubbahubba: but seeing that I've already bought this year's birthday present:banghead: it's a no go:sob::bye::3sadwalk:.

p.s. I love smileys.

Cost. Tires for 18" cost more, and if I'm going to chew them up every 20thousand kilometers:faint:, I'd rather do it to the cheaper 17"s:idea:.

To quote martinivw:hi:, there's a "gucci" set of 18" volks RE30 (mkv/8p fitment) sitting at a local tyre shop right now:drool::wub: :hubbahubba: but seeing that I've already bought this year's birthday present:banghead: it's a no go:sob::bye::3sadwalk:.

p.s. I love smileys.

how much are these Volks up for sale for? and where?

I've just ordered another set of Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 for track use and will put T888 on them, The wheels you can get for £450 if you buy direct and the tyres are £151 per corner from Camskill, a superb mod though.

My last set of Pro race 1.2 weighed just 8.3kg per corner and are great quality regardless of price.

There is a set of White Team D on E-bay at the minute, starting bid £400 including GSD III tyres, you would need to check the offset though.