S3 Wing Mirrors STOLEN !!

It has happened again !!

Last night the mirrors were stolen again. Five of the S3s on my road were done (2 new shape and 3 old shape).

SOO ANGRY

If anyone is offered stolen mirrors ... pls pls pls report it !! Remember that it has cost someone else about £1k !

Once is bad enough.. twice in the same week is just plain out of order :(

Feel absolutely awful for you mate.

These people need to be caught..

-Sal-

Where do you live? Just so I can avoid it like the plague!

Must be the large amount of S3's in the area thats attracted them too!

5 is a lot for the same street/area!

Did not not consider garaging it after the first time or building one now if you gont have one!!

******* mate but chin up, they might get caught in the act next time and get the kicking of their life!

5 S3's on one road!

Either a rich road, or a long road...

mate that's awful :( really feel for you.

as it's fresh we should all keep an eye out on ebay for any sellers of multiple S3 mirrors / both old and new shape. I know it's a long shot, but the variables are a bit more defined than 'just' the one set being nicked:

1. 8P and 8L variants
2. More than one available of each
3. Location

Again as I say a lonnnnnnnng shot, but if everyone on here is aware and has a look now and then we might just find something.

I know it's disheartening and is probably making you rethink about putting them on again / or any further form of security you can add.

Rob

Thats a total nightmare mate. Think it would break my heart if something like that happened to me. Hope these scumbags get caught soon!!

I'd gang up with the other S3 owners, get all your cars fixed again, and take it in turns to watch the cars. The second one of you spots the punks trying again, you all pounce with baseball bats.

F**cking pikeys, they deserve some pain.

is there a way of wiring up the mirrors to the battery to electrocute the ******* if they try it again?

unlucky dude feel sorry for you, i'd go mental if mine got nicked, let alone if i had a new S3 :gun2:

drew

There are other nice cars on the road .. I was parked between an M3 Convertible and a 911 - nothing else was touched !! .... just all the S3s

The day after the mirrors were stolen for the first time I saw an ad that was put up my someone in London on EBay for 'used' mirrors the had 'just come off a 56 plate S3' ... I reported to the police. Needless to say nothing happened

I live in Battersea (SW11) in London ... my advise would be to avoid the area for the time being !!

bad news matey !! filthy scumbags need a lesson.

Etch your new ones with reg or postcode invisibly and if they go missing look out on E Bay, buy them, if there yours nail the fookers as you should have all their details.

Mark

Am looking at a couple of of options ...

1) Engrave new mirrors with No. Plate. Would have to be visable to stop anyone stealing them
2) Selling the car - offers ???

rcourtney said:
Am looking at a couple of of options ...
2) Selling the car - offers ???

It would have to be cheap with no mirrors !!

Seriously though don't let the scumbags force you into getting rid, would be a shame.Although I can only imagine how you must feel.

Chin Up !!!

Mark

It'd be a good idea for every S3 owner to put their reg in UV. I'm certainly going to do it now I've seen this thread!

rcourtney said:
There are other nice cars on the road .. I was parked between an M3 Convertible and a 911 - nothing else was touched !! .... just all the S3s

Do you live in a performance car dealership? Surely you're all rich enough to have garages?

Funky_Junky said:
Do you live in a performance car dealership? Surely you're all rich enough to have garages?

Guess you dont live in central London - every garage has been converted into 5 flats and sold to first time buyers .... ;)

Hmmmmmm 5 people in one converted house with a drive containing an M3 Convertible, a 911 and 5 S3's....I suppose if I were a car thief then that's exactly where I'd target...barricade the main entrance and load em' all on a transporter ;)

Sorry to hear about your mirrors mate.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Nearby us, kids have walked down entire roads either ripping off wing mirrors or slashing tyres affecting every vehicle.

Yours sounds more organised and as it seems, not a one off. Def try to get a garage, even rent one.

:wtf: Feel for you mate, every time i park mine i worry if it will be damaged, vandaled etc. What socitey do we live in when they go around ripping off the wing mirrors.

I expect the police do feck all as well.

These people are absolute barstages to the very last one. Makes your blood boil but unfortunately, if we behave responsibly, we get no satisfaction from recourse to plod.

It leaves you nowhere to turn, other than downgrade your belongings to make them less appealing to the tea leaves. No one should have to do that :noway:, but you're left with Hobson's choice.

I know this may be a terrible thing to say, but have you considered putting normal wing mirrrors that are painted body colour on the car. I know that is not "S3 like" but it may be a cheaper option in the long run.

I'd get the number plate etched on the underside of them, something like "Stolen from <numberplate>" You could even include a phone number and if you used an internet based number you could transfer this to any future owners of the car too.

It wont prevent them being nicked in the first place, but it will reduce the value as they will be difficult to sell on. If we all did this, there would be no money in nicking S3 mirrors anymore.

Have a word with your insurance company, I specifically went for cover that included vandalism cover up to &#163;2k IIRC, when we were going through the same spate of mindless vandalism/theft. It doesn't effect your no claims (a bit like windscreen replacement), you may have this cover without realising it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S3-A3-SILVER-Mirror-Cover-Very-RARE-NOT-A-FAKE_W0QQitemZ270163271035QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has sold 5 other sets since 28th August.

COME OFF AN AUDI S3
How many S3s have crashed in the UK and need salvaging?

How many S3 owners have decided to replace their wing mirrors?

I bet the combined total is less than 6.

Don't trust this guy too much either:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S3-A3-S4-A4-S6-A6-Chrome-Mirror-Cover-GENUINE_W0QQitemZ180156521333QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm pretty sure anyone who can afford an S3 can spell better than him!

Wolfsburger said:
I had the body coloured mirrors on my 02 plate S3 for this very reason.

I`d be very careful about replacing the mirrors with the same S3 style ones again, I`m sure the charming people who stole yours will do a drive by in a week or two to see if you`ve got a sparkling new set on your car for them to steal.

Personally, I`d stick some standard A3 mirrors on there. It`s a sad state of affairs but that`s modern Britain I guess.

I don`t want to say I told you so......................but.....

staz1000 said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S3-A3-SILVER-Mirror-Cover-Very-RARE-NOT-A-FAKE_W0QQitemZ270163271035QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has sold 5 other sets since 28th August.

How many S3s have crashed in the UK and need salvaging?

How many S3 owners have decided to replace their wing mirrors?

I bet the combined total is less than 6.

Don't trust this guy too much either:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S3-A3-S4-A4-S6-A6-Chrome-Mirror-Cover-GENUINE_W0QQitemZ180156521333QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm pretty sure anyone who can afford an S3 can spell better than him!

He is curently selling two sets of S3 mirrors, both from his mates crashed S3. Stinks of stolen gear to me.

I also notice he's crashed his Polo 3 times and sold the same alloys 3 times!

Just had my 57 plate S3 mirrors get nicked last night! Cardiff Audi quoted £1097 and Parklands Audi was £950 odd!!

I guess its costing me a little bit more if they are auto-dimming ones?

It also got keyed 2 weeks earlier!

It's still only 3 weeks old!:sorry:

b00 said:
Just had my 57 plate S3 mirrors get nicked last night! Cardiff Audi quoted £1097 and Parklands Audi was £950 odd!!

Sorry to hear that, it sounds like this is becoming a BIG problem. I've been lucky so far but I'm petrified about leaving the car in public.

The worst part is they only want the silver covers yet you are having to pay for the whole mirror / dimming glass etc. Maybe if Audi didn't charge such crazy prices for the covers it would put the thieves off - not that this justifies it in ANY way!

Maybe if we actually had some investment in the Police force rather than just speed cameras things could improve.

b00 said:

Were they removed (keeping resale value) or torn off (out of spite)??

It must have been targeted because when I rang Cardiff Audi they said I was the second person today to ring up with stolen S3 mirrors!

Gonna kick the girlfriend's Vauxhall Corsa out of the Garage me thinks!

It looks like bolt cutters and wire cutters as I think the mounts are ok. Seems to be snapped on the swivel thing that allows them to fold in.

I think its about time the police did a sting operation!!!!!!!

Looks like they knew what they were doing....no mess around the car at all..

Does anyone know if it looks like I'll have to replace the mounts as well??

Thats terrible mate, looks like you will need the whole mirror assembly to me :sadlike:

I can see my S3 out of the bedroom window, and if i hear anything, i always take a qucik glance out of the window. We have CCTV installed and a sign stating that, so if anyone did try something, they would be on tape :nunu:

A gang of 16 year old chavs thought it would be funny to knock on my door and then run off. I saw them a few yards away from my house, and gave them a few choice words, and they cr@pped themselves!!!

I think I will be putting the stock black mirror covers back on my A3 until this spate dies down.

I have the InPro look a like S3 ones fitted (plastic) but don't fancy finding the mirrors missing if some little ***t mistakes them for the genuine item.

Paul

Its like this everywhere... around my area too. W*****s are just targetting Audi Chrome mirrors.
My mates B5 RS4, a silver S3 2001, A4 convertible (they werent even chrome just the shiny plastic ones), ming blue S3 and 2007 Black S3.... all these cars that i know of and seen driving around without them.

I've even stopped parking the car outside my house because of this and walk it to work... Have to park around my mates house.

Sh&t! I was hoping i wouldn't have to replace the mounts as I guess it will take quite a bit of Labour to change.

Does anyone know how many hours Labour I should be expecting?

Cheers peeps

Hi, I am going to price up a pair of Brilliant red mirrors caps as I don't want this terrible business happening to my S3. I could keep the silver ones safe until it all dies down.
2 questions:
a) How much would it cost for a pair of Brilliant red caps, I know they come none sprayed from the factory?
b) Is there a guide to getting the silver caps off without damaging them in any way at all?
Cheers, prt