S3 Wing mirror fitting help!

bevier

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had to replace my driver's side wing mirror, thanks to it being damaged. Getting the door card off and disconnecting the old mirror was fine, as was locating and removing the bolts. However the route that the cable takes from the mirror on the outside to the inside of the door seems to be very difficult to see. There is the outer door skin, the inner skin as well as another layer within the door. Currently I have the cable for the new mirror going through an easy top see and access hole, but this ends up in the way of the window when it is open.

Hopefully someone can let me know where the cable is meant to be routed and maybe a useful tool to get it there? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Reactions: pburv
Hello,

I have had to replace my driver's side wing mirror, thanks to it being damaged. Getting the door card off and disconnecting the old mirror was fine, as was locating and removing the bolts. However the route that the cable takes from the mirror on the outside to the inside of the door seems to be very difficult to see. There is the outer door skin, the inner skin as well as another layer within the door. Currently I have the cable for the new mirror going through an easy top see and access hole, but this ends up in the way of the window when it is open.

Hopefully someone can let me know where the cable is meant to be routed and maybe a useful tool to get it there? Thanks in advance for any tips!
Try looking at this thread.There are a few pics which might help you...Good luck mate
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a3-saloon-retrofit-folding-mirrors.258048/

Thanks for your help pburv!
Based on one of the comments, I think I need to get my arm in through the speaker hole to help feed the cable round where the window glass would come down. I've seen a few videos of mirror removal, but none of the re-installation!

Thanks again.

Reactions: pburv