1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 where to find brake caliper "logo"?

berisen Apr 4, 2017

1. berisen

berisen Registered User

Sorry i'm not really sure what the exact part name is but i'm talking about the S3 badge that's fitted on each front brake caliper. Mins has started to fade a little and the red color especially is almost gone.

I found these, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine.../s3-anti-rattle-spring-priced-each/8p0615269/ but the price tag is... something. :eek:

Can I find them somewhere else or do I just need to accept the price? :)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. HHS3

HHS3 Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    berisen likes this.
  4. berisen

berisen Registered User

Thanks for the tip. Do you know anything about how well they will stand against wear and washing since they are just "stickers"? It states a lifespan of 8-12 years, i'm a bit doubtful about that though..P

What color should i go for? :) I think the white one would look nice on the gray clasp, right? Any opinions?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  5. HHS3

HHS3 Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+

You're welcome, I haven't got them on yet as I still need to do my calipers however I managed to find who it was who has them, it was JayHa11 on his thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-s3-8p-sprint-blue-build-thread.287935/ so it would be worth asking him regarding wear etc. 8-12 years definitely seems a little optimistic though haha but you never know!

Yeah I agree mate that the white writing would go best on the grey clasp.

6. JamesMadog

JamesMadog Registered User

Ive got S3 stickers on my calipers had them put on over 12 months ago and they still look brand new plus i wash my car a lot with a very powerful pressure washer.. tried to upload a photo but its saying the image is too big.. hope this helps

HHS3 likes this.
  7. JayHa11

JayHa11 Registered User

That was me and pleased to say they are still going perfectly strong

8. JayHa11

JayHa11 Registered User

[​IMG]

berisen and HHS3 like this.
  9. berisen

berisen Registered User

Thanks for the images, looks awesome. I think i need to order myself a pair of stickers and get them fitted :)

Mark A Greenwood likes this.
  10. JayHa11

JayHa11 Registered User

No problem, this is them about 8 months later having gone through winter too...

[​IMG]

Mark A Greenwood, berisen and HHS3 like this.
  11. berisen

berisen Registered User

Looks amazing man, i definitely need to get a pair of these. Great that a pair of stickers can last that long :)

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Jlambert

Jlambert Registered User

I've just customised a set of caliper clips for my 3.2, painting them myself and using the caliper stickers. Hopefully they'll last as well as JayHa11's!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joe

JayHa11, HHS3 and Mark A Greenwood like this.
  14. Mark A Greenwood

Mark A Greenwood Registered User

Just done that.