S3 wheelspin

This is what was fitted to mine :-

View attachment 110389

It was £183 + VAT + fitting and was done by an independent VAG garage.

Also worth enquiring about the 'new and improved' pump as fitted to the facelift cars @pburv just had one fitted to his S3.
I would love to give you all the part number for the pump but for some reason they wouldn't play ball and give it to me..:haudrauf:
If it's easily accessible I will have a look for the label on it ..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
I would love to give you all the part number for the pump but for some reason they wouldn't play ball and give it to me..:haudrauf:
If it's easily accessible I will have a look for the label on it ..:friends:

It's a bit awkward mate best to set your phone to video and poke it up from the RHS of your car then if you get it pause the video and do a screen capture. :friends:

Reactions: pburv
It's a bit awkward mate best to set your phone to video and poke it up from the RHS of your car then if you get it pause the video and do a screen capture. :friends:
Will give it a go..Cheers Rob..:friends:
Forgot to mention my car is 1 years old today.:rockwoot:

Reactions: Brasso and Rob2k68

View attachment 110389

Also worth enquiring about the 'new and improved' pump as fitted to the facelift cars @pburv just had one fitted to his S3.

Will the parts request guy on here give the part number for fl pump?
How much did you pay for the newer controller you fitted?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Will the parts request guy on here give the part number for fl pump?
How much did you pay for the newer controller you fitted?

Yes I would think so - if you can give him the reg from a FL S3 then definitely.

Paid £125 for it found one from a low mileage 65 plate that had been written off. Think just over £300 new from Audi.

Experienced this for the first time in my PFL this morning. Sat at a set of lights waiting to turn right (90 degree) with gearbox in D and Comfort mode. Green filter goes on and accelerate normally (as not in plant my foot, but gently apply throttle and turn) and the front let go and wheel span. Tyres are only 6000km old (19" Conti 5P's).
Was a bit of a surprise as never happened before at this corner nor others. Will keep an eye on it and see if it keeps happening now.

Experienced this for the first time in my PFL this morning. Sat at a set of lights waiting to turn right (90 degree) with gearbox in D and Comfort mode. Green filter goes on and accelerate normally (as not in plant my foot, but gently apply throttle and turn) and the front let go and wheel span. Tyres are only 6000km old (19" Conti 5P's).
Was a bit of a surprise as never happened before at this corner nor others. Will keep an eye on it and see if it keeps happening now.
If it does it whilst going straight and the traction control light goes mad then I would suggest you mention it to your service desk at Audi. Could be haldex pump issue??

Yes I would think so - if you can give him the reg from a FL S3 then definitely.

Paid £125 for it found one from a low mileage 65 plate that had been written off. Think just over £300 new from Audi.

What year do the new pumps start as mine is a 65 plate @Rob2k68

View attachment 110389

Hi Rob..
Managed to get pics of my new Haldex pump..
I was surprised that they were identical to the pump you had replaced??
I couldn't get to it with a camera so I wrote the info down..
DSC 0160 2

HA1 02000931
16D04
This is a pic of the haldex ECU with software info...
DSC 0161 2

As you can see they are pretty much identical.So really not sure what the service desk were on about relating to the updated facelift pump?
Maybe the pump you have is also a facelift pump??
Either way it has cured the wheelspin I was getting..:friends:

What year do the new pumps start as mine is a 65 plate @Rob2k68

Not sure mate - I'll do some digging tomorrow with the part numbers and see if there is such a thing as a FL pump.

Hi Rob..
Managed to get pics of my new Haldex pump..
I was surprised that they were identical to the pump you had replaced??
I couldn't get to it with a camera so I wrote the info down..
View attachment 110659
HA1 02000931
16D04
This is a pic of the haldex ECU with software info...
View attachment 110660

As you can see they are pretty much identical.So really not sure what the service desk were on about relating to the updated facelift pump?
Maybe the pump you have is also a facelift pump??
Either way it has cured the wheelspin I was getting..:friends:

Excellent detective work mate with the telescopic mirror !! :friends:

That is surprising that we have exactly the same pump - less so with the ECU but that confirms software versions changed around June/July 15. Nothing was said to me about having a FL pump and the garage got it next day. I'll ring up a parts guru and find out if this is the case or if the service department have spun you a yarn !!

Reactions: Gordo77 and pburv

My car is sept 65 so I should have that controller hopefully.
I think the spin I am getting is down to tyres
If anyone is thinking of getting conti 6's don't bother

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
My car is sept 65 so I should have that controller hopefully.
I think the spin I am getting is down to tyres
If anyone is thinking of getting conti 6's don't bother
Lol...'Spin'...:haha:

Reactions: MikeParkin
Not sure mate - I'll do some digging tomorrow with the part numbers and see if there is such a thing as a FL pump.

Excellent detective work mate with the telescopic mirror !! :friends:

That is surprising that we have exactly the same pump - less so with the ECU but that confirms software versions changed around June/July 15. Nothing was said to me about having a FL pump and the garage got it next day. I'll ring up a parts guru and find out if this is the case or if the service department have spun you a yarn !!
Cheers Rob..:friends:
To be honest I'm not surprised they tell 'porkies'
It will explain the reason why they refused to give me any info on the part numbers..
Would be good to know what you find out about the part numbers..:yes:

Any facelift owners able to put up info of their haldex controller and pump.
Thanks Paul :friends:

Reactions: MikeParkin and Rob2k68
Yeah I will get some info over the weekend and post I up.

FL Haldex pump part number is .....
the same as the PFL one !!!!

Reactions: Daytonapig, MikeParkin, pburv and 1 other person
If that's the case the programming (according to the reviews the FL has the ability to get the tail end out) has been updated to move more power around especially towards the rear. I have around 360-370bhp and hardly ever get wheel spin. Conti 5 on mine.

FL Haldex pump part number is .....
the same as the PFL one !!!!
Lol...
The

suspense! Ha Ha
Cheers Rob.
I think we have just proved Audi dealers tell you cr*p just to please you...:blahblah1:

Reactions: Daytonapig and Rob2k68
Maybe its production batch that are faulty?

If that's the case the programming (according to the reviews the FL has the ability to get the tail end out) has been updated to move more power around especially towards the rear. I have around 360-370bhp and hardly ever get wheel spin. Conti 5 on mine.
I never had any spin on my conti 3's only spins in 1'st could be a combination of 3 things weather, remap with more power(400) and tyres

Reactions: MikeParkin, pburv and Rob2k68
Lol...
The

suspense! Ha Ha
Cheers Rob.
I think we have just proved Audi dealers tell you cr*p just to please you...:blahblah1:

Do you reckon that your pump was knackered then and they have replaced it with one for your model? Or that the whole 'replacing it with an FL pump was BS to begin with?

I've recently put Conti 5's on mine and have noticed spin since - but had haldex oil changed at the same time. I've been told that issues with manufacturing faults with Conti are well known so am wondering whether tyres may be my issue - Conti ditchfinders....

Reactions: pburv and 73pop
Do you reckon that your pump was knackered then and they have replaced it with one for your model? Or that the whole 'replacing it with an FL pump was BS to begin with?
No mate they definitely replaced the pump..Had a look underneath and it is shiny and new ..lol
The ecu looks brand new also but the date on it says otherwise?
dsc_0161-2-jpg.110660

All I can say is the car behaves a lot different now...I honestly think the pump has been faulty since new as I have always had the traction control light come up when I press the loud pedal...Since they replaced the pump there has been no issue with it..:yahoo:

Reactions: Gordo77 and Rob2k68
I've recently put Conti 5's on mine and have noticed spin since - but had haldex oil changed at the same time. I've been told that issues with manufacturing faults with Conti are well known so am wondering whether tyres may be my issue - Conti ditchfinders....
I have Conti 5's on my car. Although they are a bit noisy I find them ok?
When it comes time to fit new tyres I will probably go for Pirelli p zeros. Had them on all my Audi's in the past and personally I rate them highly..:salute:

Reactions: Gordo77 and Rob2k68
Facelift built September '16.
IMG 4333

How much is the Haldex service kit ?

Any facelift owners able to put up info of their haldex controller and pump.
Thanks Paul :friends:

Mine built in August 2016 is

0CQ 907 554 C
HW Version H52
SW Version 7755

and I'm having the traction control issues.

Mine built in August 2016 is

0CQ 907 554 C
HW Version H52
SW Version 7755

and I'm having the traction control issues.
On software 7083 with a slightly later build date, and I never ever have traction control issues.

Hmmm...

On software 7083 with a slightly later build date, and I never ever have traction control issues.

Hmmm...

Rev C ECU seems to be a bit of an oddity I've seen it fitted to the latest Passat as well but the 8V seems to have gone B,D and then straight to H the revisions and dates don't follow a sequence.

My Feb 2015 car originally had a rev D ECU with software version 7082 but now has a rev H 7083 fitted.

Surprised that the FL also has 7083 as that somehow has increased rear wheel bias over the PFL.

Rev C ECU seems to be a bit of an oddity I've seen it fitted to the latest Passat as well but the 8V seems to have gone B,D and then straight to H the revisions and dates don't follow a sequence.

My Feb 2015 car originally had a rev D ECU with software version 7082 but now has a rev H 7083 fitted.

Surprised that the FL also has 7083 as that somehow has increased rear wheel bias over the PFL.
Maybe they have changed after facelift cars have come out of the factory?
Who on here has the newest build facelift? Maybe put some pics of software rev.

Maybe they have changed after facelift cars have come out of the factory?
Who on here has the newest build facelift? Maybe put some pics of software rev.

Could be mate ??

Bit of a conspiracy theory brewing LoL

Reactions: WarwickL and pburv
The facelift does have additional options for the torque transfer coupling in the drive select menu. This could be realising settings not available on the PFL?

The facelift does have additional options for the torque transfer coupling in the drive select menu. This could be realising settings not available on the PFL?

Yes that makes sense, what used to happen behind the scenes in PFL is now selectable via the MMI in the FL so that rear bias is increased but only in certain drive modes and possibly exactly the same in dynamic if the hardware is indeed the same ?