S3 - What's it worth?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geefunk1978

Reaction score
Website
www.gtdesignsolutions.com
Anyone any ideas what my 2008 S3 might be worth?
Ordered a new S3 so trying to get an idea of what my S3 might be worth private, dealer has offered me £13500 which I think is ok, but not great for the spec.

Spec is:
March 2008 08 (Think it's an 8P2?!)
50k Miles
3 Owners (including me)
FASH
Phantom Black
Black Optics Pack
Recaro Heated Bucket Seats (These must add some serious value as hardly ever seems to be any for sale with this option!)
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Bose
Sat Nav RNSE
18" Monza Alloys with Michelin Pilot Sports all round
Shark Stage 1 remap
Very well looked after

I reckon it's got to be worth £15K?!

Dealer has offered a strong price. There's one on autotrader with the same spec for 12.5k atm

It's worth what someone is willing to pay.
Extras do not normally add serious value, they add more desirability.

Dealers usually offer a really low price so they can then re-sale at a much high price. I do reckon you could get around the 15k mark on a private sale but I don't know if it will be a quick sale...

It's a good price from dealer the thing is with private sale is you need to find some one who has £15000 spare and wants that sort of car, I'd trade in its much easier

Exactly that's why I said it might not be a quick sale, if you want a quick sale i would say take the dealer offer as it's not a bad offer from a dealer anyway

If its the last of the old shape, 15k is strong money although, as everyone has said, the buckets add desireability. 13.5k trade isnt so bad, but depends what you are getting off the new car!!

could always take the buckets out and replace them with standard seats and sell the buckets

Please use pistonheads, autotrader etc for valuations. Thanks.

Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.