Facelift S3: What is your oil temp?

allanmb

Reaction score
Coming from a 3.2 A4 and a 2.0TDI A4, my oil temps were always bang on 90C. I've noticed in the S3 that the temp is usually between 100C and 107C. Is this normal? And that is not spirited driving either as I'm still running it in ;-)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Gordo77, pburv and 1 other person
My S3 is regularly around 100 once warmed up

Shouldn't be anything to worry about

Don't have the page number to hand but it is actually mentioned in the manual as well that even over 100 (don't remember if it had a specific figure) is fine during spirited driving (I understand you said you're still driving steady), but even steady, about 90 is fine

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and allanmb
Mines usually between 103 and 109

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: GW1, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Yep 100 or slightly above sounds the norm..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Gordo77 and allanmb
103 - 105 most of the time, 109 in slow traffic on a hot day.

Reactions: GW1, pburv, allanmb and 1 other person
Mostly 109 for me as I'm usually giving it the beans haha

Reactions: pburv and allanmb
Does anyone know if adding an oil cooler would be a bad idea as it would be below this 3rd gen EA888 engine's optimal operating efficiency.

Just chanced upon this thread. Was wondering about my oil temp which is usually 100-105. Noticed a reduced in temp after changing the oil. Was running about 2 degrees hotter before change to fresh oil. They certainly do run quite hot these engines but it's normal.

106 here, did drop to 96 when I was running an older racing line map but back to 106 now i'm on an updated map.

Manual says between 80 and 120 C is normal operating temperature (PFL)

Reactions: vw754
On long drives the most I've seen is around 95-97 degrees, never seen 100+

Mine (PFL) was on 106 this morning on the school run. Surely it depends what oil you're running; mine's Petronas

I live in London and when I'm sat in traffic moving slowly it can reach 109 sometimes. Average 105 when driving hard.

108 in traffic, 104 ish spirited driving, high 90’s all other times (FL)