S3 vs Z4 3.0 (yes another one :) )

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
not one to want to break with tradition ;)

I can confirm after several attempts and differing scenarios....that a mapped S3 can pull a length off the line on one of these bad boys, from then on its extremely evenly matched...all the way through to 6th gear which actually shocked me considering im on standard intercoolers :)

Would not say the S3 beats it apart from the traction off the line..... i have never been in a more evenly matched scenario :)

Wasnt a silver one was it? soft top? Private plate?
Or a black hard top with a girl driving??

Nice one! I couldn't stand it knowing one of those poser mobiles would be quicker! Good to hear! Do you just have a stage1 map or any other mods?

Good result there mate
what do you reckon the weight of the z4 is anywere near the s3

Wasnt a silver one was it? soft top? Private plate?
Or a black hard top with a girl driving??

na was gun metal silver, think it was 09 plate with a posh looking chap driving.... i started to slow down and he respectfully pulled in front and slowed down with me, i then pulled alongside and gave him thumbs up...... we both knew we were matched :)

I was on my way back from Ponds Forge and not in the mood to be fair, but he was trying to undertake me in a daft spot off park square roundabout...it had xenons if that helps? not seen that many of them with that option to be fair....probably and extra 4k knowing BM :)

Last edited:
New 3.0 would be a different matter, they are a fair bit quicker.

Porsche Cayman anyone......???

Lol, and it starts. . .

Well in Tim lad, you know my stance on this subject already pal. We all do it (note present tense, not past).

i hate the new look of the Z4, i liked the sharp lines of the first Z4, the new one looks like an upside down whale

I agree on the not liking the looks comment. Think they're to wishy washy . . . what an awful description!

How can you not like that:

newZ4whiteRed.jpg

I had a sit in one at bmw garage and was so nice. I think most will grow to like it, alot of people dont like new cars due to there grown size due to regulations on crumble zones etc, but when the next one comes out, you will al say how nice this is lol.

How can you not like that:

newZ4whiteRed.jpg

I had a sit in one at bmw garage and was so nice. I think most will grow to like it, alot of people dont like new cars due to there grown size due to regulations on crumble zones etc, but when the next one comes out, you will al say how nice this is lol.

I like that. In fact, I loveeeeeee that. But I refer you to this;

Weather for England, Wilmslow

- Change location - Add to iGoogle14°C | °F
Current: Light rain
Wind: E at 6 mph
Humidity: 88%

Tue
rain.gif

16°C | 11°C
Wed
rain.gif

16°C | 10°C
Thu
rain.gif

16°C | 11°C
Fri
rain.gif

17°C | 8°C​

When I owned my S1 Elise I had it for 8 months and only had the roof down about half a dozen times. At least with a modern soft top its all electrical. None of this unclipping of side bars and needing to run round the back to use an allen key to take the roof off!

I like that. In fact, I loveeeeeee that. But I refer you to this;

Weather for England, Wilmslow

- Change location - Add to iGoogle14°C | °F
Current: Light rain
Wind: E at 6 mph
Humidity: 88%

Tue
rain.gif

16°C | 11°C
Wed
rain.gif

16°C | 10°C
Thu
rain.gif

16°C | 11°C
Fri
rain.gif

17°C | 8°C​

:lmfao:

The one reason I don't miss my convertible at all....

Nothing wrong with racing things IMO Tim. Wish more people would have a go to be honest....

I made myself very happy last night slaying a 1.2 Nova

I saw an S5 convertible last night and for obvious reasons didn't even bother to attempt to race it! The driver of the S5 had other ideas though and kept slowing till i was right behind him then booting it off again! He even managed to get some tyre squeel out of a T-junction! I pick my fights and that wasn't a fair one!

I saw an S5 convertible last night and for obvious reasons didn't even bother to attempt to race it! The driver of the S5 had other ideas though and kept slowing till i was right behind him then booting it off again! He even managed to get some tyre squeel out of a T-junction! I pick my fights and that wasn't a fair one!

No, that's fair enough. I'll normally have a go at anything to be fair, makes it all the better when you beat something you weren't expecting to because the drivers wasn't the best.....

I am getting extremely sick of seeing white A5's all over the place though, they are common as muck round my way, not sure if its the same anywhere else.

I am also getting sick of seeing extremely young drivers in £50K+ cars! The driver of this S5 looked mid 20s :banghead:

I am getting extremely sick of seeing white A5's all over the place though, they are common as muck round my way, not sure if its the same anywhere else.

I am also getting sick of seeing extremely young drivers in £50K+ cars! The driver of this S5 looked mid 20s :banghead:

I bet you could of bought some crack from him if you had asked.....

I bet you could of bought some crack from him if you had asked.....

Well this is the thing. There's another guy round my way in a 10 plate white A5 with black wheels who's about 21 years old! I've seen his car parked up and I know he's still living at home with his parents so probably just got a huge bank loan..... or deals!

The thing that winds me up is the amount of shallow birds who think these guys are minted because they have nice cars! I know of girls that would probably have their pants off in 5 mins if I had a soft top car but because I drive an S3 it doesn't stand out as much!

Right i'm off to buy a 206CC

I'll have a go against anything, whether I get trounced or not, it's nice to put it into perspective how quick some cars are,

Recent duels include an S4 4.2 V8 lol
and a Mk 2 tt 3.2 V6 DSG

Not necessarily a drug dealer though - an old (***** of a) school friend drives a new 335i. Because he's 30k in debt.

I know where I would rather be, financially!

The thing that winds me up is the amount of shallow birds who think these guys are minted because they have nice cars! I know of girls that would probably have their pants off in 5 mins if I had a soft top car

LOL, thats the kind of birds you want to 'double up' with, or maybe even treble.

Had more ***** than a farmyard.

Sadly, they always seem to be fit as well. What a waste.

Not necessarily a drug dealer though - an old (***** of a) school friend drives a new 335i. Because he's 30k in debt.

I know where I would rather be, financially!

This is true, and what I said was a massive stereotype I agree.

I would also be sat on the debt free side of the fence to be honest.

LOL, thats the kind of birds you want to 'double up' with, or maybe even treble.

Yep they are always fit and worth a quick one but not the type to settle down with. Deffinitely a double bag and maybe one for the balls! Just winds me up seeing bellends with nice birds because they have a flash motor!

I'll photo you all soon with a local girl. She's a slag. Known to be. Knows it herself and plays on it. But amazing body.

Classic quote the first time I met her (only about 6months ago);

"Heeeeyy, aw really nice to meet you; I'm literally about to go out in this guy's Porsche as he's racing up the bypass to see which is quicker. But maybe you can buy me a drink later?"

I **** you not ladies and gents.

I'll photo you all soon with a local girl. She's a slag. Known to be. Knows it herself and plays on it. But amazing body.

"Heeeeyy, aw really nice to meet you; I'm literally about to go out in this guy's Porsche as he's racing up the bypass to see which is quicker. But maybe you can buy me a drink later?"

What the hell! Did you buy her a drink?

:lmfao:

Is she originally from Gloucester?

What the hell! Did you buy her a drink?

Who needs Rohypnol when there are birds like that on general release?

I know a chick like that, and I know a few nasty stories about her. But we shall save those for a special occasion.

Who needs Rohypnol when there are birds like that on general release?

I know a chick like that, and I know a few nasty stories about her. But we shall save those for a special occasion.

It's my birthday. Tell tell?

As with all great threads on this forum, it has gone way off topic, and has resulted in me proper laughing!

Couldn't agree more about being on the good side of the debt fence though...the thought of serious debt (apart from my house) makes me so scared.

And as for the racing...i'll race anything too. I raced a ferrari years ago when I was in my mums rover 414i. Of course he thrashed me, but i wound down my window just to listen to him screeching away. If I hadn't raced i wouldn't have jeard that joyous ferrari note.

And all girls who like cars are hot! (another raging stereotype which people may prove me wrong, but i'm sticking to it.)

Oh and Welly...I want a PM too! You have me intrigued now, haha