S3 vs Golf R

I had a manual S3 8P

Now I have a DSG S3 8V

I know which I prefer :)

Did you try the manual in the 8V

Ive driven both in the 8P and the S tronic is very different, acceleration is superb

Obviously a manual gearbox can never shift as quickly, plus you dont get the farting or wizzing noise with kick down

Is the driving position better in the 8V ?

No, I didn't try the manual in the 8V.

I personally don't like the driving position in the 8V, preferred the 8P position and 8P 3dr seats.

ok whats good for one is not necessarily good for another

Have you tried the new Golf R yet ?

I'd reel that theory in if I were you... The 8P RS3 was/is a horrible handling car. Hopefully Audi pay more attention to this area of car performance on the 8V RS3.

Ahem, I beg to differ ! The RS3 is a different animal altogether with the 8.5j wider fronts and Michelin super sport tyres.

I do like Phantom black, its the colour of my S3

The one I'm looking at might be some strange off black colour looks like an aubergine !

Probably panther black.

I test drove a manual 3 door 8V and bought an s-tronic 3 door. For my money the s-tronic is better suited to the car, I didn't like the manual gearbox that much, but I probably would have liked it more with ownership as I didn't have time to get used to the clutch properly. S-tronic feels faster though.

Happy with driving position, seems no worse than 8P. Super sport seats are great, worth speccing.

Reactions: Fiddie and ACWKGYTO