S3 vs Cupra (306bhp)

Not being funny but the argument is a bit of a non-starter. Anyone who goes for a Cupra instead of an S3 kinda missed the point of an S3 to begin with...

They're only making 100 of them, so I doubt it'll affect S3 sales. Besides, why would you want to pay S3 prices for a remapped Cupra? Just buy a Cupra and map it yourself.

'nuff said........

The other issue is 300bhp+ with FWD. My mates Cupra, Revo'd is an animal in the dry and muches tyres. In the wet it's a joke.
Interior isn't that bad but it's not as special as the S3. I don't think Audi will be worried, if they are, they'll map the S3 to 306bhp....
And as Mitch said, thats a shed load of cash for a remapped Cupra!

As i said.... Cupra Vs. S3 is missing the point of what the S3 is all about. If i was only bothered about 0-60 times and not image/prestige i'd be buying an Evo.

Anyway, remapped or not... Surely a cupra is wayyy down on the list after the A3 2.0TFSI Q, A3 3.2 V6, Golf GTI, Golf R32....? Or is that just me? I recently went out in a colleagues Leon FR and it had more plastic inside than Toys 'R' Us.

As i said.... Cupra Vs. S3 is missing the point of what the S3 is all about. If i was only bothered about 0-60 times and not image/prestige i'd be buying an Evo.

Anyway, remapped or not... Surely a cupra is wayyy down on the list after the A3 2.0TFSI Q, A3 3.2 V6, Golf GTI, Golf R32....? Or is that just me? I recently went out in a colleagues Leon FR and it had more plastic inside than Toys 'R' Us.

I agree. Not on the same level as a s3 and Interior is not as good, a bit plain and boring. Friend as a big yellow seat leon not sure what model but in the wet its terrible. And goes through tyres. Still rather s3 then remapped cupra

Here a photo of his car nd mine. I know he wants a fr or some thing along those lines. sorry tried resizing it

Danmycar2.jpg

i love the look of the Cupra but the interior is truly awful..... best descibe the dash as a piece of plastic with holes drilled in it...total crap...shame since the exterior is really nice

Saw one on the road the other day and have to admit I did turn my head, it does look nice on the road and defo has a presence, but as S3 is an S3 after all....no comparison really :)

I work with 2 guys... One has a Golf GTI and the other a Leon FR.

I keep trying to get them to meet up and do some comparison photos all in a row. I think it would be pretty cool to see the difference in front, rear and side profiles but they "can't be *****". Shame really!

When i park mine next to either of those, the A3 does look a lot more squat and purposeful and the general styling looks more 'expensive'...and no thats not the Audi badge, it genuinely does.
The A3 also feels more like a cockpit inside. The Leon's high roof and windscreen level makes it feel like an MPV...not keen myself, don't care how fast it is.

Or just buy an S3 for the same money and remap to 320bhp at a cost of £499. And be able to drive it due to 4WD.
This must be aimed at the 100 people worldwide who have a dying passion to own a powerful FWD Spanish car and nothing else will do. Who else would buy it ?

I work with 2 guys... One has a Golf GTI and the other a Leon FR.

I keep trying to get them to meet up and do some comparison photos all in a row. I think it would be pretty cool to see the difference in front, rear and side profiles but they "can't be *****". Shame really!

When i park mine next to either of those, the A3 does look a lot more squat and purposeful and the general styling looks more 'expensive'...and no thats not the Audi badge, it genuinely does.
The A3 also feels more like a cockpit inside. The Leon's high roof and windscreen level makes it feel like an MPV...not keen myself, don't care how fast it is.

Yeah, but with the Leon you get `Autoemocion`
(whatever the **** that is)

Cant really see where this car fits in?

Good job they are only making 100 because thats about all they will sell anyway.

Like MB said, its only in Holland anyway.

Maybe thats the strategy? You roll out of a coffee shop completley smashed on super skunk then in a euporic haze think that blowing 27K on a Leon is a good idea.:drag:

What ever next.........???:scared2:

I had a brand new Leon Cupra 57 plate , i sold it to buy a 07 plate S3!!!!!!!!!!

p

I like the new Leon Cupra in white or yellow. Think it looks really nice.

Old Leon wasnt a bad car. Similar interior to my car but didnt feel as good and rattled. You can actually feel the difference between a Seat and an Audi...I think thats what alot of people dont understand.

I think the point is the price of this limited edition cupra is £27K and thats S3 money! Why would you want a Seat when you could have the s3

J.

Nearly bought an FR a few cars back but since owning a couple of A3's and looking again at the interior of the Leon the two brands truely are worlds apart. That said, I have to say that I like the external look of the new Cupra's and beleive it has a place in the market but only at the right price.

If you shop around you can get em with a few toys for 18/19k ( spanking ) so you can't really put them in the S3 bracket!

yeah the dash is plastic fantastic , but apart from that there very nice inside , the drive is very much like the S3 untill you floor it in first and second , the TC/ESP light was never off......and ive not even talked about it in the wet!!!!!!!

I knew i was gonna keep it a few years and mod it , and it would have never got the power down ( 100% ) till 3d , so i thought i'd sell up.

Very nice cars to be fair for 10k ish less than a S3 , but this 27k jobbie is just a joke!

p

dont know why people are so bothered as already been said its not even available over here