1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 virtual cockpit retrofit pfl advice

Sean partridge Nov 21, 2020

1. Sean partridge

Sean partridge New Member

Hi.

I am looking for some advice. I am considering changing my mib unit to mib2 harmin and also having a virtual cockpit fitted.
    I have a 2015 s3 with b&o.
    I have bought the mib2 amp.
    After reading a lot of information I am starting to get confused.
    I will bebuying a second hand vc unit but have a few questions.
    Do I need a vc from a s3 or rs3 so I have all the functions or will a vc from a a3 be ok. Are they all the same.
    I will be changing my steering wheel for a fl wheel, will my pgl air bag fit the fl wheel.
    What and where can I get cables to connect vc to mmi.
    Any advice would be very grateful

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Dubjam

Dubjam Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

This is a pretty big retrofit , with a fair amount of coding required and modifications to the dash board. I'd strongly recommend getting it done professionally by someone like @DJAlix

4. Sean partridge

Sean partridge New Member

Hi.

Yes I wouldn't be doing any coding etc .i wouldn't have a problem fitting and sourcing parts though. The vc screen i nearly bought was from an a3 and after a lot of reading realised it would not have sport dials etc and would start up with a3 on screen. So I will not be buying that. I have just found a unit from an rs3 and might have a pre face-lift vc dash with supersport seats lined up.

ScottishA4B9 likes this.