S3 vandalism

that’s what bugs me the most. If you were a thief I could almost understand if you are hard up and stealing a car there’s economic gain. Vandalism serves no purpose.
Not that I condone theft.

Totally agree with you.

If I had my way I’d happily have them shot, point blank in the noodle and then chuck them in for the pigs.

Reactions: loftylad, Pinky1959 and AlS3BE
Gutted for you mate, what is wrong with these dead heads???

you've upset some fooker
A lad I worked with has a Hyundai i30 N performance, it's always clean and the tyres are always shiny...proper ocd. He took his grandson out a few weeks back for a walk along the beach and on returning to the car some low life had keyed it all the way down the side!!! Luckily it polished out, but he felt physically sick when he saw it.

That is nothing short of disgusting. This attitude of he's got it, I don't, so f**k him, is becoming more and more common nowadays and God alone knows how to stop it. I wish you all the best in getting it sorted quickly and at a reasonable price.

Reactions: loftylad
WOW. That's disgusting.

I will never, ever get why feral scum do vandalism like this.
To get what they get from committing acts of vandalism I guess you'd need to be like them so be thankful you're not. By the way, your description 'feral scum' is very descriptive indeed.

I can only reiterate what's been said. How someone could do that is beyond belief and I assume there is no way to identify the culprit, did you report it to the police?
Have you had the smart repairs done, I sincerely hope not as I'm afraid there is nothing smart about it and you will end up compounding the problem.
You need a proper reputable bodyshop with an oven to get that back to it's best.
Is there a reason why you cant claim on the insurance, surely its worth paying the increased premiums for a few years if your prepared to pay £600 for someone to have a go at the side of the road!

Reactions: KenL
Just had a quote from mobile repairer for everything aprt from the bonnet for £600 he is doing now as cannot see my much loved not even a year old S3 in such a state and do not have spare 3k for professional full respray. Maybe next year do the proper job.

how did it turn out ?

My S3 was keyed last year Pure jealously is all it is.
I can never understand their mentality, to look at a car and think that's nice, means you are into your cars! So why would you then think "I'll scratch it"? :blink: Since being a teenager I've seen loads of cars over the years and admired them and thought lucky git, but never then thought I'll damage it.

Reactions: keenu and loftylad
I can never understand their mentality, to look at a car and think that's nice, means you are into your cars! So why would you then think "I'll scratch it"? :blink: Since being a teenager I've seen loads of cars over the years and admired them and thought lucky git, but never then thought I'll damage it.
People often use the poverty excuse for these scumbags.
If they are poor, there is a reason why.

People often use the poverty excuse for these scumbags.
If they are poor, there is a reason why.

Poverty as an excuse? Where do people come up with this ****.

Not having a pot to **** shouldn’t make you want to destroy someone’s belongings.

Poverty as an excuse? Where do people come up with this ****.

Not having a pot to **** shouldn’t make you want to destroy someone’s belongings.

Unfortunately I used to know a few people with this mentality. They generally have no job, so have no reason to get out of bed. Have little money, so don't appreciate hard work. And have little self esteem.

It's all too easy for them to damage someone's property, as they have nothing that could be damaged back. No car, or a sh*tbox on wheels worth £100. No house of their own, as the Tax payer provides one for them. And care little about the world, apart from when their next benefit payment goes into the bank. Oh, and the whole world is taking the P**s out of them, as they don't have the big house or nice car.

Unfortunately I used to know a few people with this mentality. They generally have no job, so have no reason to get out of bed. Have little money, so don't appreciate hard work. And have little self esteem.

It's all too easy for them to damage someone's property, as they have nothing that could be damaged back. No car, or a sh*tbox on wheels worth £100. No house of their own, as the Tax payer provides one for them. And care little about the world, apart from when their next benefit payment goes into the bank. Oh, and the whole world is taking the P**s out of them, as they don't have the big house or nice car.

I’m sure they’d rather have the **** taken out of them than the **** kicked out of them if caught by the owner of the car they destroyed.

Instead of sponging off the state relying on you, me and every other tax payer to contribute to their benefits they wanna be getting off their **** and getting a job.

Any thick ****** can do some labouring on a building site or something, ‘where do you want the bricks carrying to?’... ‘over there kid’... ‘yeah sound’.

Anyway, we are going off topic now aren’t we haha, but I take your point.. it just doesn’t wash with me.

Reactions: loftylad and CHEZ
How did the repair go then OP?
Well my car has been kind off saved by the mobile repairer. There are a few places where you can see poor paint job but it will do for now.

Now I need to sort out the bonett but will do it properly this time. Change the drivers window and the chrome trim around passenger window which was damaged. And to add those f....rs even scratched the windscreen.

But at least there are no monstrous scratches all over the car.

Thank you for your support guys.

Reactions: Pinky1959 and S3LOK
Well my car has been kind off saved by the mobile repairer. There are a few places where you can see poor paint job but it will do for now.

Now I need to sort out the bonett but will do it properly this time. Change the drivers window and the chrome trim around passenger window which was damaged. And to add those f....rs even scratched the windscreen.

That was always going to be the case given the time of the year, that it was painted outside and by a mobile repairer.. still at least it looks a bit better for you.

Think when the sunnier weathers comes next year, the mismatched paint will be more visible. It's probably worth getting the whole car re-sprayed in the long term, as miss-matched will become annoying every time you see it. It might have been better to claim off your insurance now, as next year they won't want to know, and you'll have to stump up the £3000 or so.

But I suppose no point in getting it re-sprayed until A) You find out who did it, and have a little word, or B) Find a nearby garage to keep it in overnight.

Which Audi dealer was that? I’ve just been quoted £2.8k from mine to fix a bit of peeling lacquer around the rear window on my S5.
They are having a laugh!!!

Reactions: KenL
They are having a laugh!!!

This is the issue
7A6918F5 3DF4 4E2C 88CA A771FC3859DB

They want to repaint the whole rear quarter, up over the door and down to the base of the A pillar, repaint over half of the door, and replace all of the window trims.

The dealer I bought it from offered to pay to have it put right which is good of them, but I really don’t want such a massive repair on my car for such a minute issue.

This is the issue View attachment 193605

They want to repaint the whole rear quarter, up over the door and down to the base of the A pillar, repaint over half of the door, and replace all of the window trims.

The dealer I bought it from offered to pay to have it put right which is good of them, but I really don’t want such a massive repair on my car for such a minute issue.
I can't work out where exactly on the car that pic is? But it seems a bit drastic! A big paint job like that will be hard to match 100% and if you noticed the difference it would do your head in. I'd take it to another dealership and see what they say, the paint is under warranty anyway so they're not doing you any favours, just creating a big job. I took mine in a few months back for some flaking paint on the inside of the bumper in front of the wheel, he said "Oh we will book it in, take the bumper etc off and respray it", I said "No thanks mate, just give me a touch up stick and I'll sort it"....can't see where I've done it :)

I can't work out where exactly on the car that pic is? But it seems a bit drastic! A big paint job like that will be hard to match 100% and if you noticed the difference it would do your head in. I'd take it to another dealership and see what they say, the paint is under warranty anyway so they're not doing you any favours, just creating a big job. I took mine in a few months back for some flaking paint on the inside of the bumper in front of the wheel, he said "Oh we will book it in, take the bumper etc off and respray it", I said "No thanks mate, just give me a touch up stick and I'll sort it"....can't see where I've done it :)

6B53F96D D833 4BE3 8FB4 4DC88DBF8B7D

It’s this area

The paint isn’t under warranty as the previous owner had it repaired. So it’s not original but the colour match is absolutely perfect so I didn’t notice at the time and it wasn’t disclosed. I spoke to the dealer I got it from and they said they’d pay to put it right.

But I really don’t want that much paint work being done to the car. I’d also have to have it detailed again and have the window trims wrapped again. Might just do a few dabs of touch up clear coat paint on the area

Reactions: S32B
View attachment 193606

It’s this area

The paint isn’t under warranty as the previous owner had it repaired. So it’s not original but the colour match is absolutely perfect so I didn’t notice at the time and it wasn’t disclosed. I spoke to the dealer I got it from and they said they’d pay to put it right.

But I really don’t want that much paint work being done to the car. I’d also have to have it detailed again and have the window trims wrapped again. Might just do a few dabs of touch up clear coat paint on the area
Yeah I know what you mean, I wouldn't want that much paint done. I do find it strange that it's not under warranty but they are happy to do a job costing £2.8k!!! The problem you have is if you do it and then it gets worse over time they aren't going to offer again. I'd get a quote for a lacquer smart repair and take it from there, or even ask Audi if that's an option they would be happy to do.

Which Audi dealer was that? I’ve just been quoted £2.8k from mine to fix a bit of peeling lacquer around the rear window on my S5.

Maidstone Audi, it was actually £480 they charged. Be aware though, it is not Audi who do the respray job they get a third party to do it but obviously if you are not happy about anything they will sort it out.