1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 v-Maxx coilovers

o_dungey May 10, 2019

1. o_dungey

o_dungey Registered User

Hi, is anyone running v-maxx coilovers and if so are they any good? I had a scout of the forum but couldn’t really find much on them, cheers :icon thumright:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jambo26

Jambo26 Registered User

My experience with us they started off ok. I bought them for appearance not performance.
    They have developed a knock on the front if you hit something hard. Say a pot hole when you don’t see it. And now have a snapped rear spring. These have been fitted for 4-5 years. So maybe that’s there life time up.
    ThAt my experience with them and my issues just but they have been fitted fir a good few years.
    Mines on a A3 sline

Why are you fitting coilovers?

o_dungey likes this.
  4. o_dungey

o_dungey Registered User

Cheers for the reply mate, was going to fit them for a bit of both really looks & handling but thinking about it might just bite the bullet and get some more expensive ones like ap as don’t really want to make the ride any worse

5. Jambo26

Jambo26 Registered User

On a S3 I would get the best you can afford. I’ve just ordered Bilsteins for my car now. It’s only a 2.0 diesel but I ride was quite hard. It didn’t bother me but had a few comments from other people.
    So I thought I’d try and get a better ride aswell this time round

6. o_dungey

o_dungey Registered User

Yeah coming from my old car with 100quid eBay springs I can definitely relate to the comments from other people haha