S3 used prices?

maxp

Reaction score
Hi guys, bit of an odd question coming -

Where I work we have a company car policy with a limit of 10k, which includes used cars.

After a bit of ebaying and autotradering it looks like £11.5 is the beginning of the S3 8P's.

I havent tracked used prices for long enough to see the current rate of depreciation, therefore does anybody want to hazard a guess as to how long before s3's drop into that magic £10k bracket?

I'm sure that you'd see prices for the odd early 8P2 S3 hot £10k within the year - but those cars would certainly not be the cream of the crop and I'd be surprised if those cars at £10k needed some servicing or general wear and tear items seen to (e.g. 5-year Haldex oil and cambelt service).

Once the initial two years' depreciation is done from new, S3's seem to hold their value extremely well. The market for something that essentially offers a Golf GTI++ experience is very strong.

I'd take a 2.0T Quattro and avoid all the dregs of the S3 market.

Wow, I'm not surprised it includes used cars with a limit of £10k lol. Seriously though would you really want to own a £10k S3, I think you'd be looking more like £13k+ for something unabused

Due to running costs, i.e. insurance, roadtax, fuel, tyres incl winter etc I opted for a 2.0T Fsi Quattro S-Tronic.
Beats my MK5 DSG Golf GTi off the line in the wet..

Due to running costs, i.e. insurance, roadtax, fuel, tyres incl winter etc I opted for a 2.0T Fsi Quattro S-Tronic.
Beats my MK5 DSG Golf GTi off the line in the wet..

At the end of the day, if you could only pick your a3 or your gti, what would it be?