S3 Upper Engine Mounts - Uprated or Stock Replacement

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
Any recommendation for pre-facelift 1.8T S3?

I'm eyeing up Awesome GTI's uprated ones at the minute for £155.00

I have THS mounts... they are ok but getting tired I think... they are still better than the OEM ones I had but then they were new...

Vibratechnics would be my choice next time around...

<tuffty/>

I've been seriously looking and reading around about mounts recently and I think I will certinally be spending the extra to go to vibratecnics ;)

Thanks Tuffty. Ordered and paid for from awesome. Glad to hear that someone is running them. They are the ones that i have just bought for £155. 50% reduction in engine movement apparently and is much needed.

It would seem that my engine has literally been having a disco under the bonnet and almost worn through pipework since my clutch/hybrid went in. I'm amazed that few have uprated to these essentially parts already when running more power.

A very cheap options is to fill the gaps in the mounts with Tiger seal

You can't move the engine at all now but with how big my turbo is my mounts need to be stiff

I only did it when testing the room with the turbo as i was going to get some new ones but these have held up well so far

Those vibra technics ones are mad money!!

034 seem a little better priced. I'm in the market for some new ones but the dude in Aus reckons VF Engineering are the go. He can get them discounted at $500 for a set inc. the dogbone. The Vibra Technics ones are more than that for just the top two !

anyone know how long the THS mount would last till they need replacing? i have had then for almost 2 years now(about 20.000klm's) and it seems that they need to be changed again, because i have alot of engine movement, and tbh when i first installed them i didnt notice a huge difference from oem, just a little bit stiffer.my car is only mapped.. ;)

I have the same issue mate... my THS ones are feeling a little loose.... I am gonna have a look at them in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work and might Sikoflex the voids to tighten them back up a bit... will be saving for Vibratechnic ones in the meantime as I am not getting another set of THS for my setup....

<tuffty/>

I have the same issue mate... my THS ones are feeling a little loose.... I am gonna have a look at them in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work and might Sikoflex the voids to tighten them back up a bit... will be saving for Vibratechnic ones in the meantime as I am not getting another set of THS for my setup....

<tuffty/>

i was wondering how i could stiffen them back up abit, could you maybe pm me any tips?
the Vibratechic ones seem good but i thing they are an overkill for a road car.. ;)