S3 Upper Engine Mounts - Uprated or Stock Replacement

Jimgrim77

Any recommendation for pre-facelift 1.8T S3?

I'm eyeing up Awesome GTI's uprated ones at the minute for £155.00

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
Staff member
I have THS mounts... they are ok but getting tired I think... they are still better than the OEM ones I had but then they were new...

Vibratechnics would be my choice next time around...

<tuffty/>

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
What make are the awesome ones?

StaceyS3

I've been seriously looking and reading around about mounts recently and I think I will certinally be spending the extra to go to vibratecnics ;)

Jimgrim77

Thanks Tuffty. Ordered and paid for from awesome. Glad to hear that someone is running them. They are the ones that i have just bought for £155. 50% reduction in engine movement apparently and is much needed.

It would seem that my engine has literally been having a disco under the bonnet and almost worn through pipework since my clutch/hybrid went in. I'm amazed that few have uprated to these essentially parts already when running more power.

Jimgrim77

THS Dani. just ordered mine.

Jimgrim77

<tuffty/>

Staff member
I think they are quite hard so would vibrate a lot through the car but poly bushes (from what I have read at least) are not as good in the engine bay as rubber ones...

FAQs - Vibra-Technics Compliance Technology

<tuffty/>

Sam_

Down under
Those vibra technics ones are mad money!!

034 seem a little better priced. I'm in the market for some new ones but the dude in Aus reckons VF Engineering are the go. He can get them discounted at $500 for a set inc. the dogbone. The Vibra Technics ones are more than that for just the top two !

Sam_

Down under
Those THS ones look even better value. Might have to order a set of them!

SteveBAM

Black '03 S3
anyone know how long the THS mount would last till they need replacing? i have had then for almost 2 years now(about 20.000klm's) and it seems that they need to be changed again, because i have alot of engine movement, and tbh when i first installed them i didnt notice a huge difference from oem, just a little bit stiffer.my car is only mapped.. ;)

<tuffty/>

Staff member
I have the same issue mate... my THS ones are feeling a little loose.... I am gonna have a look at them in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work and might Sikoflex the voids to tighten them back up a bit... will be saving for Vibratechnic ones in the meantime as I am not getting another set of THS for my setup....

<tuffty/>

SteveBAM

Black '03 S3
I have the same issue mate... my THS ones are feeling a little loose.... I am gonna have a look at them in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work and might Sikoflex the voids to tighten them back up a bit... will be saving for Vibratechnic ones in the meantime as I am not getting another set of THS for my setup....

<tuffty/>

i was wondering how i could stiffen them back up abit, could you maybe pm me any tips?
the Vibratechic ones seem good but i thing they are an overkill for a road car.. ;)

<tuffty/>

Staff member
I'll find out what type of Sikalflex it is... I think its the 221 stuff here...
Sikaflex 221 Adhesive & Sealant 300ml

I can't find a pic of a mount to show you but will be posting pics obviously if and when I do it myself....

<tuffty/>