S3 Undertray

Redline1984

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to sort out an undertray for my 2002 S3, seen as the previous owner has somehow managed to lose it.

Been to Teesside Audi today who quoted me £167(!!) for the undertray specific to the S3. Part number they gave me was 8L9 825 235B.

Can anyone confirm that this is the right part, and possibly suggest any cheaper sources seen as VAGParts has stopped trading.

Cheers.

I have one as i dont run one on my s3, make me a offer, in good condtion and no cracks.

i was unsure what this is supposed to cover.... mine has a tray behind the front bumper but in front of the sump...is the tray you are talking about supposed to cover the sump too?

hasn`t this been discussed ages ago, think the outcome was the tray reduced air flow around the engine thats why its not fitted on the S3.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Currently there is nothing covering any section of the bottom of the engine bay. I'm just trying to establish what should be there as standard.

So there should be a short tray fitted just behind the bumper, but not covering the sump?

yup thats how minw is think its one section front middle then two sections (one either side that it fits to, nothing over the sump

I had to replace two of my undertrays after hitting a rather large dead sheep! I paid 40 odd quid for the front undertray and the driver's side undertray/inner wheel arch guard. That was with trade discount so i don't know how your undertray can cost £167!

just to confirm with the others that there's nothing under the sump on the S3, but there is a guard between the sump and the bumper... there has to really, don't want any stones getting in between the belts!

I bought one from audi birmingham for about £17 last year...just the bit in front of the sump.....That price must be for loads of plastic bits.