S3 Tyres?

Murf

Reaction score
Few questions on tyres for S3.

Anyone recommend any good tyres ? Also does it make much difference if the fronts are different to the rears?

Using Pirelli P zero Neros at the minute but the fronts are nearly gone and they've done next to no miles.

Thanks

Interested in this too.

Also I have the TTRS 18" alloys and I'm not sure what PSI I should put in. :think: pretty bad I haven't checked the pressure in 3 months

I usually run conti sports but recently switched to Avon ZV5's cause i found them for £80 each. I replace my tyres in pairs & usually switch the wheels round so the new tyres are on the back unless i'm replacing all 4. Only ever had problems mixing budget tyres with premium tyres that totally messed things up but that was on a front wheel drive car (the budgets being on the rear).

I've ran Michelin Primacy 3s on the front and Michelin pilot sport 3s on the back for nearly 3 years and love them but I don't drive the car hard so can't comment on cornering really.

Pilot sport 3's too and they're great! Can really chuck it at corners with confidence it's gunna stick

Pilot sport 3 all round are wicked running 18" wheels. Changing back to 17" once the ps3's are scrubbed
Andy

On my second set of PS3s and they are very good indeed- far better than the Pzero Nero or Rosso that I used to run before.

Will be moving to MPSS next though when these 4 need replacing

Would using goodyears on front and p zeros on back throw up any problems? An how many miles do the goodyears last you?

I doubt it would cause an issue TBH. I've only done about 2k on the Goodyears so far so can't comment on longevity, but the wet and dry grip is noticeably better than the ContiSport 3's, Vredestien Ultracs and Toyo's I've used in the past.

Goodyear Eagle F1 and Contisport 3`s win the best tyre awards most years so yeah.. I have both of those fitted atm.

Have been using Falken FK452`s for my last few sets and for the money they have been good. Was gonna try the FK453`s but i think i will try the Vredstein Ultracs next as they get good reviews for the amopunt they cost

I've run some of the fallen 452s on 17" wheels and they were ok! currently running kuhmo KU39s on 18s and I like them, find them predictable in the wet and dry.

You should ideally run the same tyres on all 4 corners, at the minimum match axles.

I've just fitted 4 budget Ovation tyre's to my S3, I wanted to fit Yokohama's but I'm on a budget as Ive only just bought the car and I want to get the cam belt done... They seem ok so far, but will they last? £200 for all four corners ain't bad...