S3 turbo whistle and chatter

Mazza s3

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first thread but I'm in need of some help. I bought a second hand S3 8p a couple months back, the car looks completely stock, engine bay, everything. I was wondering if it's normal that when the turbos engaged it whistles so loudly and if I rev it up bit by bit when in gear with a bit of bite it chatters. The exhaust is louder than what I'd assume a standard car should be and I get the occasional pop when I give it some. Are these signs of a map maybe?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Exhaust sounds like it might be a straight through system, or at least had a resonator removed.
If you are getting a chatter noise you may find it's got a DV+ fitted.
You'll have to take a look around the car to clarify this, but if someone has done either of those things to the car, they have probably had it remapped too.

Reactions: Mazza s3
IF it ischattering between 3 and 4 k revs as you accelerate is is definitely mapped.
Look on google for the image of a standard exhaust system and compare it to yours by looking underneath.

Reactions: Mazza s3
It doesn't chatter just from acceleration, only if I keep on/off the throttle in gear, but it is around 3k so maybe it is. 96k and 8/9 years old I'd be surprised if it hadn't tbf

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk