s3 turbo upgrade, any info on APS??

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hey there, got a audi s3 2000 been remaped by AMD with milltec exhaust + cat. But it's not enough! been talking to a company called APS has anyone got any info on them? according to them they can get 350BHP ish out of it?!!

The APS guys probably did your AMD remap, its Ed and Paul from AMD, set up in Brackley Northants, been there a year now.

Nice guys, good service, good prices for servicing and suspension, allignment etc, they have some good equipemtn to use,

But am not sure if they have rollers or sub that out.....? Find out what turbo the conversion is with, IHI, GTRS, etc?

its a ihi turbo, how can they map it if they dont have rollers? guess they must take it else where!

Probably have base maps to get it runnin, then take it away for final mapping. Worth asking them if I were you!

I may be wrong, maybe they do have rollers, but i did not see them when I was there...? Anyone know?

BTW how much are they wanting for an IHI....?

well ive already got the exhaust + cat, so they knocked that off the bill, with front mount intercooler they want around £4000, but now my clutch release bearing has gone so gonna get a new clutch, + haldex! so ill prob be looking around £5000!

That's about the going rate! In fact that is pretty good.......I presume its plus VAT! ;-)

Good lads down there, not a bad word to say against them (even after sitting on their sofa for a day), also can't find anything bad said about them anywhere on the internet!

I knew both Ed and Paul a little from AmD and will be giving them a call tomorrow to help with my current issue.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ed and Paul and APS. I wouldn't worry at about not having the mapping done on rollers. It's generally better if it can be done on the road - private road obviously as it involves a few fourth gear runs. It gives you better airflow into the engine/intercoolers and the car is mapped for the enviroment it's driven in.

That's how mine was done, despite the guy that did it have an excellent Maha 4wheel RR set-up.