S3 Tuning Box

Jon Roach

Reaction score
First of all hi all.....

Been reading around in the background for a few weeks since buying my pride and joy S3. Thought it was about time I joined in :)

Been looking at tuning boxes as opposed to a remap to keep it hidden from dealer whilst under warranty.

Am I right in thinking that a remap will throw up TB1 fault to dealer, anyone had experience of this? does the dealer simply flash it back? what did they say about warranty?

Been looking at DTUK tuning box which if im right basically send false info to ECU to fool it into sending more boost / fuel. Anyone had any experience of this product or similar? How detectable are these things to dealer even when removed for same reason?

Any advice appreciated,

Jon IMG 9443

Reactions: Scottyg
Dtuk is good but IMO JB1 is better.

Reactions: Primolak
Esentially the same question was asked yesterday in the tuning thread. Pasting in my comment here as well...

Jb1 and Mtm are generally considered to be the best boxes.

Mtm, very easy to install/remove and you can get engine / drivetrain warranty.

Jb1, much better price and more configurable.

You can get flagged if you have the box on at workshop visit.

Never happened so far (what is known) that anybody got flagged with the box off.

Guys, thanks for all you replys......... wasn't aware of the Jb1 / MTM items, especially liking the idea of the MTM warranty, gonna check them out.

Anyone running either of them at the mo?

Guys, thanks for all you replys......... wasn't aware of the Jb1 / MTM items, especially liking the idea of the MTM warranty, gonna check them out.

Anyone running either of them at the mo?

I am running Jb1 together with stock intake mods, turbo inlet pipe, E85 mix and a little increased boost.
Goes like a Jet!

Also very happy with the general behaviour and smoothness.
Some boxes are known to be abrupt and a bit unstable power, but the Jb1 feels, at the very least, as civilized as flash tunes I have used on other cars...

Know Batch here is as happy with the Mtm...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon Roach and batch
Do these boxes throw up the TD1 code?

As I posted above:

Never happened so far (what is known) that anybody got flagged with the box off.

Reactions: Jon Roach
As I posted above: