S3 TPMS reset in DIS

ron burgandy

Reaction score
I have a 2011 s3 sports back and managed to activate the tpms vis vcds I only knew this when I had a nail in the tyre.
The problem is I can't reset the tpms. Does anyone know how I would do this via vcds?
Thanks

you should be able to select it in dis if it was activated properly, it only shows up if car isnt moving

Thanks cboy it activated when I had a puncture so it's working correctly but ive no reset function. I've just tried to find the reset tool again and it's just not there. I'm guessing it's in either 'check' or 'set'?

Checked it's def not there. But it's activated on the dash ?? Anyone have any ideas

Attachments

• 20141026_151451.jpg
    20141026_151451.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 245
Reactions: ron burgandy
sounds like you havnt enabled it through vcds in instruments ? otherwise you would see it, how did you know it was enabled and proper settings saved if you didnt have it in dis?

So could I have this activated on mine 2011 s3 by vcds. If so and I got an alert to a low presure tyre do you simply inflate back up to presure and reset in dis, have I understood you right.

Dave

On our S3 to reset the TPMS via the DIS you have to be stationary with the ignition on. The reset is done via button on the console.

I'm guessing you don't have the button so need to reset another way?

Apparently on this thread veneeringman reset the TPMS via DIS

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-issues-vcds-users-please-check.157079/page-2

Crucially it doesn't say how though!
I have s3 with a build date of May 2011 and would like it activated anyone in the croydon ,surrey area that could do it for beer tokens