S3 Towbar

Pete20vt

Supermoto Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone have a detachable (stealth) tobwar fitted to an S3? If so, any info would be great as i need to find one.

Mine came with one.... The ball bit wasnt with it though.
Would also like to know where i could get one.

I've got a Bosal one on mine. Its great. Cant see anything at all when you take it off. What info are you after??

Sorry about the delayed reply. Mine is a Bosal detatchable. Part number 026183. Ive been on Bosals website and they dont list it for the S3 any more. They do still list it for the golf mk4 4 motion, which is the same chasis and fitment. I'm sure other manufactures will still list one for the S3. I put this towbar on my R32 so I know they're interchangeable with the golfs. Any other info you want give me a shout
Mark

I fitted a westfalia removeable to my S3 today nice bit of kit.

Sorry about the delayed reply. Mine is a Bosal detatchable. Part number 026183. Ive been on Bosals website and they dont list it for the S3 any more. They do still list it for the golf mk4 4 motion, which is the same chasis and fitment. I'm sure other manufactures will still list one for the S3. I put this towbar on my R32 so I know they're interchangeable with the golfs. Any other info you want give me a shout
Mark

I fitted a westfalia removeable to my S3 today nice bit of kit.

Cheers guys, either of you have any pics handy?

I bought mine from them also, £189 from memory. The detachable bit even fits in the tool holder in the spare wheel tray!

You cant see anything unless you get down on your knees. Even the electric socket swivels up so you cant see it

I'm quite suprised to see how many of you have tow bars and admit it. lol. What do you guys tow with it??

I'm quite suprised to see how many of you have tow bars and admit it. lol. What do you guys tow with it??

not a caravan dont worry! mines also for towing a trailor, but with a hill climb car. Get some funny looks as its not your average towing car, does the job though!

Yeah i get some funny looks too. I tow an 18' speed boat. Were i go with it everyone has big 4x4's and they dont understand the power and weight of the car, and the fact it is four wheel drive. I think its a brilliant tow car. Never struggled up any hills with it either. It just keeps pulling. I will admit i have pulled a caravan with it at one point. Sorry.