s3 tow bar??? help

mini-si

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im in need of a car with a tow bar and after doing a bit of research have found some guys have fited towbars to their s3's!

I Love my s3 and don't want to get rid of her to replace her with a car with a towbar.

The posts/threads ive read are all around five years old, so would like some up to date info off of anyone if possible.

Whats the best make towbars?
Best place to get them from?
Anyone know of a good mobile company around the tamworth/midlands area?
What sort of price would I be looking to pay supply and fit?

thanks in advance for any help.

cheers guys

No body know where I can get a towbar for my s3?
Everything I'm finding is a3 only no Quattro.

I've got a Westfalia detachable tow bar fitted to my S3.
Previous owner had it fitted. Not sure where but i think it was an option at Audi.
Has a swing down hook up point aswell.
Once bar is detached it's unnoticeable.

You wouldn't guess it's got a detachable tow bar..... All hidden behind rear bumper when not in use....

Bar pops into holder and locks in. It has a key lock to prevent bar from being pinched or accidently popped out.

Now your just rubbing it in. Lol.
Looks cool mate. Exactly what I'm after.
Maybe I'll try westfalia direct???

thanks mate, went on website, which then gives you local companies that say they supply said tow bars. Will have to wait till the morning before ringing them now. thanks again though.

Quick update,
Just ordered myself a westfalia detachable towbar. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday the lastest.
Fitting it myself. Was thinking of doing a little how do thread but guessing it wouldn't be of much help as 99% s3 owners won't be towing :ninja:

Bang on guide there. Saved me the job of doing one. Top find.
Cheers mark.

Reactions: mark_S3
i have this same one fitted to an A4, brilliant bit of kit and when detached its back to OEM.

Right then. Tow bar all fitted just sorting electrics now. Any one have a clue what wires from tow bar electrics go to what colour on loom??

Found this off of another forum but states it's for an a3.
After testing what I could last night already found two of the below connections not to be correct???
Can anyone confirm that the connections below are correct or not??

Easier to wire the socket direct to the loom. Connections should be as follows:-
Yellow - LH turn signal
Green - RH turn signal
Red - Brake lamps
Brown - Tail lamps
Black - Reverse lamps
Blue - Auxiliary ie. fog lamp
White - Earth

And the connections in the socket are numbered from 1 to 7 and should be wired as follows:-
1 Yellow
2 Blue
3 White
4 Green
5 Brown
6 Red
7 Black

Standard in 12v trailer sockets and trailer plugs.