S3 too loud?

This thread has made me laugh (sort of). I gave an unmarked West Midlands Police patrol reason to pull me over for a "chat" on the M6 toll a couple of weeks ago. They were parked up at the toll booth and looked up when they heard me accelerate away......that got their attention apparently. Foolishly, I continued to make quite a bit of noise for about a quarter of a mile....

They were really nice chaps actually. We had a sensible conversation, I learnt my lesson and I was sent on my way.

Two days later I had to have the car recovered due to a broken turbo - my penance perhaps?

Rich

So wait, you were on the default original exhaust but they pulled you over and you learned your lesson? (What lesson is that by the way?) I'd be like, screw you this is the default setup and therefore I'll make as much noise as i wish! / whilst slapping the homologation papers in their face.

British cops are a pain in the balls, they pull you over for farting, thank god i don't live there.

Reactions: S3Alex, vakaviti, J6YAK and 1 other person
So wait, you were on the default original exhaust but they pulled you over and you learned your lesson? (What lesson is that by the way?) I'd be like, screw you this is the default setup and therefore I'll make as much noise as i wish! / whilst slapping the homologation papers in their face.

British cops are a pain in the balls, they pull you over for farting, thank god i don't live there.

It was the speed which went along with the noise that was the issue! The fact that they "heard me go" was the funny bit....

Just been stopped by the police because of the exhaust noise on my totally standard S3.

It was in manual mode and a 3/4 throttle change from first to second pulling out of a junction in town was enough for the full blues and twos.

Just a warning for anyone thinking of an exhaust change....

Nicked an alloy when I pulled over........ Pants!

I'm sure Audi has passed the noise db level requirement tests with the S3. probably just being police....

Good job they haven't heard mine...

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Blackwhite