S3 to S4 Avant

Thought they couldn't keep the deposit where in the country is your dealer I'd be looking into that further and take it up with Audi U.K. Also

Your spec sounds lovely. Had to cancel my S4 yesterday, car not built yet but the dealer is keeping the deposit so a double blow. Mind you the dealer hasn't been the best as I've not even test driven one yet!!
Sorry to hear that Ad72!

Hopefully you'll get to order again in future when the time is right.

Reactions: Ad72
Thought they couldn't keep the deposit where in the country is your dealer I'd be looking into that further and take it up with Audi U.K. Also
It's on the order form that the deposit is non refundable so I can't complain however I'm led to believe that most dealers would refund a deposit on a car that is not yet built.

Push it further bud not fair themat esp when it's not built and there not stuck with an unsellable car.
Could see them saying need to keep 100 quid admin charge or the like but t shouldn't be full deposit have you asked them for it back stating it's not even built. I'd be in kinder to ask Audi U.K. For a helpful hand some senior email address can be had to contact.

I suggested they kept some as an admin fee but the sales guy slammed the phone down before I could reason with him. I'll give Audi UK a call tomorrow and see what they say, thanks.

Yeah does sound a bit out of order, hopefully with some pressure you'll get some back.

Really what a nice chap. Def be a pain then get into Audi costomer services say you want to complain about them and tell them what happened.

Reactions: Riko0073 and Ad72
Called Audi UK today, not in the slightest bit interested, each dealer is free to do as it wants. Have contacted the dealer principal as a last resort but don't hold much hope. When I do finally order a new car (some time this year) I don't think it will be an Audi.

That's terrible from the supplying dealer. I hope it's not to much if all is lost.

I'd ask citizens advice for help also they know there stuff

It's a £1000 so quite a bit BUT it does say on the order form it's a non refundable so they have done nothing wrong legally but morally they are taking the ****. I will name the dealer in a few days if they don't have a change of heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zippster and Spaceman_RS3
Name and shame the dealer, I was told by mine that I could have it back should I not like the car.
Shoddy practice by the sound of it.

Well still no reply to my e-mails so I will start a separate thread to warn others. The dealer is Derby Audi Sytner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well still no reply to my e-mails so I will start a separate thread to warn others. The dealer is Derby Audi Sytner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sytner group are a bunch of ****** :rage:

Ok we all know what happened so I don't think we should get off topic and embroiled in that particular debate...

Reactions: Riko0073