S3 to RS3 should I?

There's not much in it.
With it being dsg and my S3 manual I'd say the RS3 is quicker 0-100 but my S3 felt quicker above that.
Early days yet as I've not had a proper play.

What sort of figures is a stage 1 RS3 producing?

Read this whole thread and decided to put my 2 cents in..

Marshy, ended up with a nice car there, if I was having 1 it would be in Red too... In saying that though, as much as i'd love an RS3 for what they are, it just doesn't make sense to me in an economical sense...

The £10k-£16k price difference between a S3 ans RS3 kills it for me, you are basically paying for a badge!

Imagine dropping £10k-£16k in a standard S3 over a standard RS3.. You'd end up with a far better and more capable car imo.. The only thing that can't be replicated is that 5pot sound, but if I had a sorted S3, then thats something I could live with...

Anyway, thats just my opinion! Happy motoring in the future with your new car! :)

Reactions: RedDejavu
Great choice in colour Marshy, it is the mirror image of mine.

Reactions: Marshy
Read this whole thread and decided to put my 2 cents in..

Marshy, ended up with a nice car there, if I was having 1 it would be in Red too... In saying that though, as much as i'd love an RS3 for what they are, it just doesn't make sense to me in an economical sense...

The £10k-£16k price difference between a S3 ans RS3 kills it for me, you are basically paying for a badge!

Imagine dropping £10k-£16k in a standard S3 over a standard RS3.. You'd end up with a far better and more capable car imo.. The only thing that can't be replicated is that 5pot sound, but if I had a sorted S3, then thats something I could live with...

Anyway, thats just my opinion! Happy motoring in the future with your new car! :)

This is back to what I'd said earlier.....

The TT-RS does have a lot of potential,but the only big turbo kit around(from APR),costs over £13k,and that's without labour.
That will get you to over 600bhp potentially,but is for manual cars only.

The RS3 stops at Stg2 and 460bhp,which certainly isn't to be sniffed at,but that's it.

Put that money,plus the amounts you'd have to spend on parts in any case,and the S3 would be well into the 500s as well.

It comes down to what you're happy with from the car point of view,and how much you actually need.

I just need more.....LOL

This is back to what I'd said earlier.....

The TT-RS does have a lot of potential,but the only big turbo kit around(from APR),costs over £13k,and that's without labour.
That will get you to over 600bhp potentially,but is for manual cars only.

The RS3 stops at Stg2 and 460bhp,which certainly isn't to be sniffed at,but that's it.

Put that money,plus the amounts you'd have to spend on parts in any case,and the S3 would be well into the 500s as well.

It comes down to what you're happy with from the car point of view,and how much you actually need.

I just need more.....LOL

Erm, not really sure where you get your "RS3 Stops at stage 2" information from lol, you can get a bolt on TTE500 turbo for the RS3/TTRS for £1500 exchange for a solid 500+ bhp.

MRC are confident they will get close to 540 out of a friends RS3 (which is there as we speak) with the TTE500 and WMI and believe me, I'ts costing him a minor fraction of the APR kit ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
Erm, not really sure where you get your "RS3 Stops at stage 2" information from lol, you can get a bolt on TTE500 turbo for the RS3/TTRS for £1500 exchange for a solid 500+ bhp.

MRC are confident they will get close to 540 out of a friends RS3 (which is there as we speak) with the TTE500 and WMI and believe me, I'ts costing him a minor fraction of the APR kit ;)

Sorry...I was busy looking at APR's offerings.....apologies for that

The TTE turbos are producing some very good figures on everything they've been bolted to so far.

Also,I was far too focussed on big turbo kits rather than hybrids....my apologies once more.

Sorry...I was busy looking at APR's offerings.....apologies for that

The TTE turbos are producing some very good figures on everything they've been bolted to so far.

Also,I was far too focussed on big turbo kits rather than hybrids....my apologies once more.

No need to apologise buddy, was just pointing out that this was not the case.

If you're at stage 2 on your RS3 already then you're probably looking at circa £3000 to get it to over 500bhp which I actually think is really very good value myself.

No need to apologise buddy, was just pointing out that this was not the case.

If you're at stage 2 on your RS3 already then you're probably looking at circa £3000 to get it to over 500bhp which I actually think is really very good value myself.

That's a LOT better value than the Stg3 kit I was talking about for the RS.

That looks fantastic, really is a piece of art.
I was going to say get the black and red rotors but that stance just looks perfect.
When's the warranty up? Will you get it mapped when its time?

Thanks for the comments
Warranty runs out in 20 months but I'm hoping to stay standard all the way

Reactions: S3Alex
Thanks for the comments

Heard that one before!

Reactions: Compkiler and sliced
Thanks for the comments

Absolute rubbish, going off how you modified your S3. The itch for more power will come, I'll put a bet on it,

Reactions: Compkiler