S3 to RS3 front conversion (retrofit done)

What's the difference @larbel? I see the side outer air scoops are sticking a lil further out more on the xenonz version. (BTW, did u get the speaker retrofit working?)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ok, RCN... You MADE me do it LOL... Please don't take this as stepping on anyone's toe, I'm just pointing out a few things that I spotted right away, but to be honest, it's completely wrong...

Untitled 2

For comparison...

Maxresdefault

And this is what the old/Xenonz version will look like when fitted, you be the judge...
TB2wPj6tVXXXXbWXpXXXXXXXXXX 911925914

See how bad the side vent looks especially from the side?
TB2DagYtVXXXXX6XXXXXXXXXXXX 911925914

And this is the widely available rear diffuser/exhaust, which I think sticks out way too much, but doesn't look as bad as the front...
TB2KIEitVXXXXaXXpXXXXXXXXXX 911925914
TB2GYoYtVXXXXacXXXXXXXXXXXX 911925914
TB2yJWJsVXXXXXbXFXXXXXXXXXX 911925914

I'll update the speaker retrofit on the other thread..

Reactions: rcnacura and RyanCudlip
Ok, RCN... You MADE me do it LOL... Please don't take this as stepping on anyone's toe, I'm just pointing out a few things that I spotted right away, but to be honest, it's completely wrong...

View attachment 101812

For comparison...

View attachment 101813

And this is what the old/Xenonz version will look like when fitted, you be the judge...
View attachment 101818

View attachment 101819

And this is the widely available rear diffuser/exhaust, which I think sticks out way too much, but doesn't look as bad as the front...
View attachment 101823 View attachment 101824 View attachment 101825

Now I see them compared side by side, I'll not be doing this to my car. Think I'll settle for a carbon splitter on the Sline bumper instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rcnacura
Yuck! Thanks for pointing that out with the better images, its not even close to the original. I've been wanting to get the sline bumper but the rs3 version from your supplier is spot on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

View attachment 101812

For comparison...

View attachment 101813

View attachment 101818

View attachment 101819

View attachment 101823 View attachment 101824 View attachment 101825

Who is selling the updated conversion kit? The one you say now looks more like the real RS

Hi Intaco, great job on the car. What would you say was the 'work' involved on the fenders to get them to align right?

Well done and fair play, looks good. May as well get an RS3 engine in it next

Finally got the bumper on the car after a headache of getting the bumpers imported into the States.

IMG 20170406 193917 329

Reactions: robps3, larbel, vacant and 1 other person
Hi all, I am new to this forum...literally registered a few minutes ago. I'm Rosh, all the way from Cape Town, South Africa. Hopefully I will be able to find answers to the many questions I have regarding S3/RS3 inter-changeable parts.

So...great work and info above! Thank you.

My questions for now:

1. Do RS3 sportback front fenders fit straight on the an S3 sportback?
2. Do the RS3 sportback OEM REAR bumpers fir straight on to an S3 sportback (i.e no modifications necessary)?
3. The bumpers in the above thread, did the fit straight on and line up perfectly with the S3 fenders?

Apologies if some of the questions are repeated, I'm just trying to get absolute clarity as to if I should buy the bumper in the above thread or if I should get ACTUAL RS3 front fenders and bumper.

Would appreciate if someone can feedback if they have experience or tried both options.

THANKS!

I guess I’m daft but I only use OEM. they fit right and look right. My OCD will not allow non OEM for body parts

Hi mate, where did you buy these from in end. And was this the newer style mould RS3 bumper?
You can find them lots of places online now (well in the states that is). Do a Google search and you should find a reseller.

I won't be doing a groupbuy from China, to much of a headache for me (an individual not a business).

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I guess I’m daft but I only use OEM. they fit right and look right. My OCD will not allow non OEM for body parts

OEM does not fit without the additional front fenders - at least on the pfl.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited: