S3 to RS3 front conversion (retrofit done)

Intaco

Reaction score
Since Audi Korea does not have any plan of releasing RS3 here, I just decided to retrofit RS3 front into my S3 8V. It took about a month to figure out which parts are compatible (thus you can use your s3 oem parts) via ETKA and ordered every bit via a local center. Width is pretty much similar, but fenders do not align that well. It is not the perfect retrofit. Buying all necessary parts such as foam inserts, ducts, and etc, you have to pay about $4000-5000. I doubt it is worth of the money you spend.

Once again, I had to do this because RS3 won't be sold here in South Korea (Hatch suffers here).
Those who are expecting RS3 to release in their countries, I would rather buy RS3.

Here are the results btw.

Tuned on my s3 so far:

Neuspeed Dogbon Mount
APR carbon intake
APR muffler delete
APR oil catch can
Revo flash stage 1
ECS flush spacer kit
CPM lower reinforcement kit (will take off soon)

KakaoTalk 20150727 185913201
KakaoTalk 20150727 185918654
KakaoTalk 20150727 185922150
KakaoTalk 20150727 185923264

Reactions: pburv, batch, Simon L and 13 others
If you guys are interested in these mod, please feel free to ask anything.

Great job! Looks fantastic!

Nice one! The first "RS3" saloon!

Good work!! Very Nice!!...I have 1 criticism though.. Not enough pictures!!! lol

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20150717_160323023.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20150717_160323023.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 730
Reactions: naughts4187, THQuattro, Blackwhite and 2 others
Didn't think I'd like this but must say it looks very good. Expensive but looks immaculate.

Do you have any photos from farther back from a corner view to get the front and the side in?

Mind showing where are the 'flaws' of this retrofit? You mentioned something about the fenders not lining up properly...

Looks good pal so well done :) but if you're going to spend that much you might as well go the whole hog and get the rs3 left and right fenders/wings so it fits perfectly - other wise it will look like a poorly assembled car on closer inspection. Hats off anyhow.

Looks ridiculously awesome! Well done

Reactions: Jassyo06
Really like how it looks. Really surprised people on here are approving. When I asked about an s3 conversion on my a3 I got slaughtered.

Reactions: Dan Rae
Very nice job, looks great!

.......but as for the black crud round the exhausts, you should be ashamed of yourself. Cleaned mine twice in the first week ;)

Reactions: ChivsBang and Jassyo06
Well done, looks very nice - great job

Very nice job, looks great!

.......but as for the black crud round the exhausts, you should be ashamed of yourself. Cleaned mine twice in the first week ;)
haha right, you have the point. I should get chrome cleaner asap!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L
Really like how it looks. Really surprised people on here are approving. When I asked about an s3 conversion on my a3 I got slaughtered.

Maybe that is because A3 to S3 is very subtle comparing to S3 to RS3, and the reason why I did conversion was that audi korea does not sell RS3 (or do not plan to).

Looks good pal so well done :) but if you're going to spend that much you might as well go the whole hog and get the rs3 left and right fenders/wings so it fits perfectly - other wise it will look like a poorly assembled car on closer inspection. Hats off anyhow.
right, you have the point also. I am a perfectionist- just to say, and I cannot hold any flaws or faults. However, there was no guarantee that RS3 fenders (sportback) will be 1:1 retrofit with my S3 saloon fenders. It will just bring the work to whole different level. So that was why I decided to work on bumpers rather than ordering fenders (and bunch of other parts).

Mind showing where are the 'flaws' of this retrofit? You mentioned something about the fenders not lining up properly...
Sure, let me take some pictures and upload them

Apart from the exhaust and grille, my S3 just looks like an S-line (in Oz spec) but that it would offend others doesn't surprise me.

Just don't put S3 badges on it is my opinion, saw a diesel A3 here recently, just had the S3 badge on it, some 18' wheels and not even a s-line body kit... that one offended me !

Nice job!! Just want to ask is the RS3 fender wider than S3? Did you need to add spacer for the front wheel?

that is proper nice!! I've been looking into loads of different cosmetics for my s3 and i think so far this rs3 fit is the best looking of them all :D I might just do exactly the same lol

any chance you could show us some pics of the the fender fit?

This one is the blast! http://volxzone.com/en_US/custom-made/

The OEM RS3 front bumper is about 30mm wider than the S3 according to the above conversion.. And funny that you dig this thread up, was just informed by a factory couple days ago that the exact replica of the OEM RS3 bumpers are ready, with adjusted width to fit for S3 and proper grills etc, supposed to be exact and much much better than the previous half *** version available...

Kinda tempted to do this mod, but afraid it will look just like a RS wannabe... What's everyone's take on RS style bumper on Ss?

IMG 0281
IMG 0280

Reactions: S3 Turbo and rcnacura
Where can I get this rs3 replica? They doing the rear too?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

From my vendor in China... Some other vendor has the rear diffusor, but it's not exact and sticks out too much...

Reactions: rcnacura
Props on the build!

Looks absolutely stunning

What's the difference @larbel? I see the side outer air scoops are sticking a lil further out more on the xenonz version. (BTW, did u get the speaker retrofit working?)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk