s3 to 350z - running costs?

Adam_S3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just sold my s3 8l, and am considering swapping to a nissan 350z. However... the fuel consumtpion is worrying me. Generally average around 26mpg in the s3, anybody got any experience of real world 350z figures with experience of both cars?

I can handle a bit worse than the s3 but i dont want to be constantly depressed when filling it up and not being able to enjoy it.

Thanks in advance!

probably a question for the 350z forum???
we all have your old car lol

Reactions: Alex C and <tuffty/>
Yeah ive looked but random figures are no good im after someone whos had experience of both to compare

my dad had one when they first come out ill ask him what his was like
he's not very heavy footed though.
i cant see much of a difference??
butbif your that stretched dont get one. lifes no fun struggling to put fuel in a car.
how did you find the s3??

Yeah ive looked but random figures are no good im after someone whos had experience of both to compare

If someone on the 350z forums tells you they get 30mpg and you know you get 26mpg then I don't get what the issue is here tbh... a figure is a figure and hugely subjective... you would almost definitely get a better idea from actual owners of the car rather than the off chance a VAG owner was a japist at some point in his life...

I would also have a look at fuelly.com as this is real world usage... I use fuelly on all my cars...
http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/350z

<tuffty/>

Is you 26mpg measured or from the on board computer?

On fuelly they both look as bad as each other, 20-21mpg for the 350z and 18-25mpg for the s3.

I don't think fuel economy was that high on the agenda developing the VQ engines.....

With the price in oil away to drop i wouldnt worry too much, i myself used to have an evo 9 and now have a nissan GTR, fuel was a worry for me too to begin with but its something you just have to get on with. how many miles do you do per year? Id be more worried about the price to fix the car if it goes wrong judging by my last service bill from nissan haha

Reactions: jojo