S3 terrible petrol smell ???

DGF

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this ?
Last few days my S3 has a strong fuel smell particularly when stationary & just parked.
Just about to call dealer but thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced this.
Wasn't expecting it from a year old new S3 - used to happen on my 15 year old Golf !

Would get it checked out quickly mate. You should never have a smell of petrol. Apart from anything else, the fumes are unhealthy so this doesn't seem right.

As above worth getting checked out, but have you filled up recently? May well have stepped in some petrol at the station and it's worked its way into the carpets. You'll be surprised at how long the smell lingers for

That would be funny...... no def.smell coming from under bonnet ?

Just had the same issue in my S3. Can you update us on the issue?

Check the fuel filler cap, I know it sounds daft but my dad had a strong petrol smell in his S6 for about a week, he took it to the dealers and after them spending ages trying to find what was causing it they found the filler cap had a crack in it so wasn't sealing correctly, they changed the cap and smell was gone after driving about for half an hour. I have no idea how the filler cap integrity can make the interior smell like fuel though, and I know they're very different cars but you never know! Might not necessarily be cracked but maybe not on correctly?

Last edited: