S3 Suspension Need some advice

Murf

Reaction score
Well, took S3 to a track day on sunday. Loved it! But we are in need of some better/stiffer suspension pretty much just for track use. Thanks in advance.

Could you be more specific? Coilovers? Shocks/Springs? How much have you got to spend?

Ermmm pretty much full suspension set up really. Cheap as possible but i needs to be right first time. Dont fancy buying some cheap stuff first time around then 2 month later having to fork out even more for something better if you understand.

Whats diffrence between the B8s + Eibach and the B12 suspension kits? The B12 kit has Eibach springs included

I think they're pretty much the same thing mate

AHh thanks, what sort of ARB should i be looking at? also what sort of tie bars?

I've just put an R32 rear ARB and Weitec springs and shock kit, just 20mm drop and car handles amazingly!!! Great upgrade

Depends what your budget is really? Coilovers are a good option to go for when wanting something for track use and then as mentioned thicker ARBs and also adjustable rear tie bars.

Give me a shout if you need any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Anyone heard anything about or know anyone thats used/uses D2 Racing Coilovers?

Yes I'm after something that's a soft comfortable ride for everyday use and stiffens up when cornering to give the car better handling.
What would you guys reccomend, I'm just in the process of sorting out my new wheels so this is the next step.

Cheers Olly

Yes I'm after something that's a soft comfortable ride for everyday use and stiffens up when cornering to give the car better handling.
What would you guys recommend, I'm just in the process of sorting out my new wheels so this is the next step.

Cheers Olly

as above mate the B12 kit is a good kit for occasional track use.. and every day use its quite decent, Murf wanted more a track suspension so B14 it was as he wanted some adjustable dampeners

Depending on mileage, I'd be looking to refresh/replace bushes. The cars are getting to the age where they need doing :)

What bushes would you recommend? Is there like a full car kit of bushes? Or do i have to buy them all seperate? Thanks