S3 stripped of parts in Holiday Inn Heathrow car park

Given how it’s been carefully parked (NOT). Looks more like it was stolen driven on to the car park stripped and then adandoned

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jassyo06 and DJAlix
Given how it’s been carefully parked (NOT). Looks more like it was stolen driven on to the car park stripped and then adandoned

If you look further down the thread, you'll see the guy took a picture of his car before he left, you can see the wheel of the S3 and it looks to be parked properly.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Could be a different S3, seems strange that they have obviously been able to move it if it was parked correctly ?

If the police haven't been to check it any chance of finding anything incriminating would surely gone upon return too!

I'd have thought any movement would be from lifting and dropping the car with no wheels?

The car has been jacked up and down on both sides, and then dumped on the ground. Jacks move...that’s why it now looks like it’s been parked wonky.

You can see the S3 was parked correctly in this image also... The tea leaves obviously came back for it after doing over the Insignia I would assume?. (Glad I'm not travelling out of Thiefrow anytime soon!)

Someone must have seen something, or is this becoming so common that no one takes any notice. All companies have some form of public liability insurance. So If you pay to park your car, even though you may have signed a waiver with reference to damage, You have entered into a contract and they have a duty of care towards your property and if they tell you they have some form of security then as a customer you have certain expectations in that view I would contact a solicitor and get them into court, you could argue that you signed an unfair contract.

Strangely enough I just looked at car parking charges for a week at Manchester Airport:

App

So I then contacted a local taxi firm that does airport runs, £45 each way door to door! So the car will be staying safely on my drive :)

Reactions: GW1, richinsoton and S3LOK
Strangely enough I just looked at car parking charges for a week at Manchester Airport:

So I then contacted a local taxi firm that does airport runs, £45 each way door to door! So the car will be staying safely on my drive :)

I've always used the meet and great at Manchester, £89.99 for two weeks (looks like it's gone up by £10 now). I don't actually know if the car is parked securely in a patrolled and gated car park? I've always assumed it was but you just don't know do.. you always read about these parking companies parking cars on residential streets or in a field.

Taxi could be the way forward when i go on my honeymoon.

Reactions: GW1
My local Airport Gatwick had a few horror stories about parking companies, cars being left in residential streets or parked in golf and council parks. The most horrific one reported on our local BBC news program was the guy who paid for his car to be parked in a security compound, only to find when he was cleaning it l, a letter that had been left in the glovebox by someone who had rented his car while he was on holiday. He checked his service documents and found that his car had been driven some 500 miles in the meantime.

I've always used the meet and great at Manchester, £89.99 for two weeks (looks like it's gone up by £10 now). I don't actually know if the car is parked securely in a patrolled and gated car park? I've always assumed it was but you just don't know do.. you always read about these parking companies parking cars on residential streets or in a field.

My local Airport Gatwick had a few horror stories about parking companies, cars being left in residential streets or parked in golf and council parks. The most horrific one reported on our local BBC news program was the guy who paid for his car to be parked in a security compound, only to find when he was cleaning it l, a letter that had been left in the glovebox by someone who had rented his car while he was on holiday. He checked his service documents and found that his car had been driven some 500 miles in the meantime.

In the news this week! : http://www.bordertelegraph.com/news...ammer_used_BGH_car_park_to_lure_in_customers/

Reactions: richinsoton and GW1

Would never use meet or greet or any other service that means I leave my keys, many horror stories if trashed and thrashed cars and being left on public roads.

Would never use meet or greet or any other service that means I leave my keys, many horror stories if trashed and thrashed cars and being left on public roads.
Same, I had to fly to Edinburgh this week for meetings, booked the wrong parking by accident which was meet and great. Ended up putting it in the Long Stay at extra cost to avoid the worry.

Same, I had to fly to Edinburgh this week for meetings, booked the wrong parking by accident which was meet and great. Ended up putting it in the Long Stay at extra cost to avoid the worry.
A friend of mine left his Range Rover Sport in the long stay car park at Gatwick for two weeks and when he returned it looked as though it had been in a “Demolition Derby” and had been rammed. Although there was CCTV cameras they were not working and they pointed to the obligatory “you park at your own risk” he sued them and won his case.

Reactions: NevMan and TYb

View attachment 157406

Look at TT Airport parking, £40 for a week. They told me I could park my car myself and take the keys, booked it but still not sold on taking mine.

Jesus! I had the S3 parked in that hotel for two nights (business trip) just last week!

Reactions: AudiNutta
We got picked up from Manchester airport yesterday by a friend...what a rip off, we waited just outside the arrivals car park here where the BMW is:

Ma

A guy came over and said "You're not getting picked up here are you?", to which I replied "Yes, we will be literally throwing the cases in the boot and driving off", "You can't, it's a £60 fine, there are cameras all over here and it's my job to report it as well, the driver will get a fine through the post, you need to go into the arrivals car park". The f-er then stood there waiting around, not wanting to chance my mate getting a fine I phoned him and told him to go into the car park. We were in the car park for about 30 seconds, got to the exit and £4 flashed up to exit the car park...I gave him four pound coins! No slot for them!!! He pushed the button for help...Turns out the only payment method was credit/debit card!!! UNLESS you walk over to the main airport and buy a ticket out of the machine, then walk back to the car!!! Which is stupid as by this point we had 2 other cars sitting behind us! Luckily my wife had brought her debit card for emergencies whilst we were away.

Reactions: voorhees and GW1
We got picked up from Manchester airport yesterday by a friend...what a rip off, we waited just outside the arrivals car park here where the BMW is:

View attachment 158181

A guy came over and said "You're not getting picked up here are you?", to which I replied "Yes, we will be literally throwing the cases in the boot and driving off", "You can't, it's a £60 fine, there are cameras all over here and it's my job to report it as well, the driver will get a fine through the post, you need to go into the arrivals car park". The f-er then stood there waiting around, not wanting to chance my mate getting a fine I phoned him and told him to go into the car park. We were in the car park for about 30 seconds, got to the exit and £4 flashed up to exit the car park...I gave him four pound coins! No slot for them!!! He pushed the button for help...Turns out the only payment method was credit/debit card!!! UNLESS you walk over to the main airport and buy a ticket out of the machine, then walk back to the car!!! Which is stupid as by this point we had 2 other cars sitting behind us! Luckily my wife had brought her debit card for emergencies whilst we were away.
Yes I know what you mean. our local Airport
Pratwick is exactly the same. At Pratwick they have cameras and wardens who slap a ticket on your car before you come to a full standstill :rage::rage:

Begs the question, should you leave your locking wheel nut key in the car? If you don’t, and have a puncture while you’re some distance away from home, you’re jiggered. If you do, and some scumbag smashes his way into your car to get the key to nick your wheels, you’re jiggered.

Wonder what this poor guy’s/gal’s insurance company made of the fact that the the locking wheel nut was in the car, and used to take the wheels? Would he/she be covered? Ethically you’d hope they would be, but might an insurance company use this as an excuse to not pay out?

Has made me question whether I should keep my locking wheel nut key in the motor.

Begs the question, should you leave your locking wheel nut key in the car? If you don’t, and have a puncture while you’re some distance away from home, you’re jiggered. If you do, and some scumbag smashes his way into your car to get the key to nick your wheels, you’re jiggered.

Wonder what this poor guy’s/gal’s insurance company made of the fact that the the locking wheel nut was in the car, and used to take the wheels? Would he/she be covered? Ethically you’d hope they would be, but might an insurance company use this as an excuse to not pay out?

Has made me question whether I should keep my locking wheel nut key in the motor.
They'd pay out. Someone breaking into your car to steal your wheel nut is the same terms as someone breaking into your house and stealing your keys. As in as long as you made a reasonable attempt to secure it. If car was locked then it is deemed reasonably secure.

No,put it in a safe deposit box in London and it will be as safe as houses then…maybe

They wouldn’t know it
Wasn’t there till they’d ripped your car apart looking for it , no win situation I’m afraid All scum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 158181

That's nonsense. You're allowed to pick up and drop off on double yellow lines unless there are perpendicular yellow markers across the kerb, and I can't see any.

That's nonsense. You're allowed to pick up and drop off on double yellow lines unless there are perpendicular yellow markers across the kerb, and I can't see any.
Since when?

Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge. You may stop to load or unload (unless there are also loading restrictions as described below) or while passengers board or alight. Double yellow lines mean no waiting at any time, unless there are signs that specifically indicate seasonal restrictions. The times at which the restrictions apply for other road markings are shown on nearby plates or on entry signs to controlled parking zones. If no days are shown on the signs, the restrictions are in force every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays. White bay markings and upright signs (see below) indicate where parking is allowed.”

Airport approach roads with these restrictions will be private land and roads so the above won't apply.
Airports are busy places and it would be stupid to allow people to wander all over the approach roads etc and have people waiting at the side of the road in cars "for a few minutes" causing obstructions.
Our local airports have similar restrictions. One has a designated drop off point area for £1 but also allows 15 mins free in the short stay car park. The other allows 20 mins free parking in the car park. They have big signs warning you not to stop and CCTV.
I'm sure the charges and restrictions for each airport are easily found on line. They are a business and if you don't like a £4 charge you have the choice of using a different airport.
The guy that came over and warned S32B was doing him a favour.

Shocking thread on PH. Feel sorry for the owners of the cars.

Some proper sad comments on the PH forum though.

I'd never leave my car at an airport meet and greet. I live near Stansted and you regularly see the greeters thrashing the cars on the back roads as they drive them to the parking lots....

I'd never leave my car at an airport meet and greet. I live near Stansted and you regularly see the greeters thrashing the cars on the back roads as they drive them to the parking lots....
I've just booked the taxi to take us to Manchester airport at the end of the month and then pick us up a week later
cool0003.gif
The cost as mentioned further up is £45 each way, so no worrying about who will be parked next to me, where it will be left, or who will be driving my car once I'm out of sight!
winking0052.gif

I don't see any advantage of using your own car!
1) No worrying about your car whilst you're away, it's safe on your drive.
2) It's £9.99 less than the airport parking charge.
3) No fuel to pay for there and back.
4) Dropped off and picked up right outside the terminal.
5) No driving whilst tired.

I was just thinking about this today and wondering if the owners could claim off the hotel /car park company as they should have a duty of care , even though park at own risk signs are plastered over car parks nowadays if you pay they should look after the cars .
I would be taking them to court if it was me .
Does anyone know the owners so we could find out ?