S3 stolen

Sure that applies to some fords/bmws. I've not heard of any S3/A3 stolen via that particular method though?

Yep not heard of anyone with an S3 with advanced key had their car stolen, yet everyone on here says they are the most easy to steal and to stay clear of this option!

Sorry to hear your pride and joy was stolen.

Everyone seems to be buzzing off this Ghost. Being in the industry I have one major problem with it - it doesn't let them drive away with your car. I live in West Yorkshire and there has been a case here where they went back into the house to threaten until they were given the Ghost 'code'.

There are better solutions that let them drive away a short distance and then kill the car...

Just my 2p on the Ghost...I don't buy the hype at all. For similar money you can get an alarm, remote start, and a kill system in one.

Reactions: richinsoton, Thundercliffe81 and lucaslfc
I don't think those are legal in the UK though :-(

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I still like my idea of a "bait key" that you leave near the door in a rather obvious place... it doesn't start the car but starts flashing the headlights , horn goes off, alarm goes off when the key is turned to start the ignition :p

Reactions: Daz Auto, Thundercliffe81, lucaslfc and 2 others
I still like my idea of a "bait key" that you leave near the door in a rather obvious place... it doesn't start the car but starts flashing the headlights , horn goes off, alarm goes off when the key is turned to start the ignition :p
This made me chuckle lol...nice!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and oli356
can auto
Get autowatch ghost on the next one, can't be taken even with keys.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
can autowatch be transferred over from cars? or if you changed cars would you have to buy it again?

I can see the benefits of the Ghost, but if I went down that route, I'd fit a CAT 5 Plus Tracker with the driver tags, let them get the hell away from my home and then let the system do it's job.

My approach is having robust home security measures in place which should prevent them getting to my keys.

Reactions: lucaslfc
I hate hearing about these car thefts - more so in your house so feel for ya buddy but glad you're ok.

On a lighter note ....

I think we all need a dog like this to guard our keys :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and lucaslfc
Fortunately they are rarer so maybe the thieves give up trying to find them lol. S3s are common at least.
I can't picture ever seeing an RS outside someones house.... there's somebody with an M4 round the corner from me, but apart from that...nope....

Thing is though. It's not exactly S3s are the most expensive cars around. A Q5 for example starts at £38k. So I really don't understand why they are always targets... if they are to be used for crime as a get away vehicle then fair enough.. tbh, don't know if many stolen cars are sold compared to just trashed.
The reason for that is simple. Q5's aren't exactly great getaway cars. They are cumbersome, heavy and slow compared to an S3, with none of the handling. The S3 virtually any nincompoop can drive. An SQ5 is probably a different matter.

Reactions: richinsoton
The reason for that is simple. Q5's aren't exactly great getaway cars. They are cumbersome, heavy and slow compared to an S3, with none of the handling. The S3 virtually any nincompoop can drive. An SQ5 is probably a different matter.
Maybe... I doubt there are statistics out there that show what happens to cars after they get stolen ... as its a mystery :)

ie...
Other crimes are committed in them and then the car is ditched
Taken to the nearest port and put in a container
Taken to bits for parts etc
Etc...

I suppose different cars are good for different things. Jim said about Ford Fiesta STs being popular to strip for parts because the demand is high. I suppose stealing an RS6 and taking it to parts isn't ideal as they aren't high in demand (might be wrong). Meanwhile an RS6 is a pretty decent get away car (the police chase video for example shows speed and the power to ram police!).

Cars can be stolen for a whole heap of reasons I suppose, any car.... vans get stolen because of what could be inside of them etc.

I hate hearing about these car thefts - more so in your house so feel for ya buddy but glad you're ok.

On a lighter note ....

Magnum PI...Zeus and Apollo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Not sure about keyless but as far as i'm aware there is no well known way of stealing an A3 without the standard key.

Reactions: batch
Everyone seems to be buzzing off this Ghost. Being in the industry I have one major problem with it - it doesn't let them drive away with your car. I live in West Yorkshire and there has been a case here where they went back into the house to threaten until they were given the Ghost 'code'.

There are better solutions that let them drive away a short distance and then kill the car...

Just my 2p on the Ghost...I don't buy the hype at all. For similar money you can get an alarm, remote start, and a kill system in one.

So if at home, what is stopping them coming back when the car cuts out up the road or coming in when they can't start it??? No difference!

I'd rather come back from a shopping trip in town to find my car where it was, rather than abandoned in the middle of the road a few hundred yards away.

My car is parked on the drive but never in sight from people driving by. I have security lights, house alarm and HD CCTV, security locks, bolts etc. I always leave my keys where they cannot be seen through the windows but easily found if anyone has decided they are going to break in to get them. I don't want anyone in the house longer than necessary, turning out drawers, or worse threatening my family if they cannot find them.

They can drive away in the shortest possible time, I don't want to see the car again and I'll have a brand new one from the insurance/GAP payout.

I'll not be putting pictures and full description in Autotrader either, then telling anyone over the phone who wants to steal one to order where I live, or inviting them into my house to assess our security arrangements whilst also telling them the spec of the brand new S3 and the date it arrives so they could hang on and steal that instead if they preferred.

Reactions: richinsoton

On a lighter note ....

Haha. Yes!!! Get one of these. No, two of these!! One in the house where you keep your keys in its Dog Bed, and the second (angrier of the two dogs) in your car so if they do manage to escape Dog No1 with the keys, Dog No2 welcomes them as they get in your car!!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Well that’s me just upgraded my house door locks on the back of threads like these. Never really worried about being broken into before, but since having the S3 and reading all these stories it’s has made me really paranoid about it, actually had a dream it was stollen the other night. So after a bit of searching on the web I’ve gone for Ultion high security locks, apparently the best out there. Only available via approved locksmiths, local supplier wanted £200 fitted for 3 Locks. Ended up getting them on eBay for £85, result
Alarm and CCTV next on the list and just waiting on quotes to come back.
The things you need to do to keep family and belongings safe.