S3 stolen

greasy Thumb

Reaction score
hello all please be on a lookout for LM15 WSF-sepand blue 5 door,

Bell ends broke in through my conservatory and stole keys and drove off while i was awake in bed.- from rickmansworth/ watford area. Gutted looks like as much as i like the car i cant get another car thats going to be a target.

Would go for a gti but feel that to would be a target somhopefully a gtd would be plain enough.

Sad day

Cheers all

Last edited:
Sorry to hear mate. Very close to home as well.... will keep an eye out for you mate.

Sorry to hear this, this is getting way to common now for flips sake.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
So sorry to hear this.

Sorry to hear this, hope it was just the car and nothing more...cars can be replaced. Will keep a look out

Sorry to hear mate, scum of the earth!

I know you shouldn't have to but really need to get into the habit of keeping the keys on you or where you can see them.

Seriously considering about investing in a he camera and security light for the drive way.

Reactions: pburv
Sorry to hear this, hope it was just the car and nothing more...cars can be replaced. Will keep a look out
Yes just the keys taken, they walked past my ipad, phone and wallet on the sofa. Got my sons child seat buggy etc- insurance eont cover the seat as its not "concealed" same goes to the dash cam - blackvue. Im kinda glad keys are where they were didnt want them near my son or other half just for a car.

Had a r32 a while ago was attempted - different house/area but must off been teens as they were spooked, now there taken to order so more like;y to take by any means necessary

Reactions: Audi Bairn and richinsoton
Yes just the keys taken, they walked past my ipad, phone and wallet on the sofa. Got my sons child seat buggy etc- insurance eont cover the seat as its not "concealed" same goes to the dash cam - blackvue. Im kinda glad keys are where they were didnt want them near my son or other half just for a car.

Had a r32 a while ago was attempted - different house/area but must off been teens as they were spooked, now there taken to order so more like;y to take by any means necessary

Never thought about whether my BV dashcam was covered...

How about claiming it off your home insurance? I realised most travel insurance was pants for covering my laptop and phone while abroad, so got a more comprehensive contents insurance for my home policy. Will double check that it extends to items in car (even if in view), but cant see why it wouldn't be.

Update: Just had a look at my DirectLine policy and it has the same clause, has to be out of view in glovebox or hidden....wonder how you cover a dashcam then?

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
They should have their helmets grated off.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 5 others
Never thought about whether my BV dashcam was covered...

How about claiming it off your home insurance? I realised most travel insurance was pants for covering my laptop and phone while abroad, so got a more comprehensive contents insurance for my home policy. Will double check that it extends to items in car (even if in view), but cant see why it wouldn't be.

Update: Just had a look at my DirectLine policy and it has the same clause, has to be out of view in glovebox or hidden....wonder how you cover a dashcam then?

What's stopping you from just telling them it was in the glovebox? How are they to know? ****** it tell them the child seat was in there too! :yum:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DrEskimo
Bummer mate keep yer chin up...seriously don't let this theft put you off getting another S3 or the likes.... All the best

Reactions: RSS-S3, Audi Bairn and pburv
In the process of updating security in my home now...Reading this just confirms I'm doing the right thing...
Sorry to hear of your troubles mate..Hope it all gets sorted without too much financial hardship...
Good luck buddy..:friends:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Brasso, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Sorry to hear another S3's gone. At least you and family are ok.

Hope you get it all sorted soon. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Audi Bairn
In the process of updating security in my home now...Reading this just confirms I'm doing the right thing...
Sorry to hear of your troubles mate..Hope it all gets sorted without too much financial hardship...
Good luck buddy..:friends:
me too good alarm, CCTV, anti snap locks, security lights. collapsible bollard and a steering wheel lock!

Its ok saying if they want it they will take but I'm a believer of putting things in place to make them think twice.

Reactions: S32B, pburv and Audi Bairn
Gutted for you mate.
Must be horrible.
Like many of the guys above I'm upgrading my security too not specifically for the cars but generally.
Hope all pans out well for you.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and samo26
Scumbags.

If I were you, and you have gap insurance, I wouldn't let it put you off buying another high end car. Don't let them win at the end of the day.

Did you have a tracker in it? I highly advise people now to buy concealed trackers. Non-engine connected ones.

I highly advise people now to buy concealed trackers. Non-engine connected ones.
If mine goes I don't want it back, GAP is cheaper than a tracker and you get a brand new car!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Its a balance securing something like a car,

You could spend lots of money making you home into a fortress. But then it depends on how desperate some theives are..... some will think "screw that its too much hassle" and then some will think "we'll get what we want" and probably break in with weapons etc.

My local police (Thames valley police) once told me that they end up with hundreds of hours of CCTV footage of theives with balaclavas on and all covered up. So he avised to be aware of that if buying CCTV :/

Horrible state of affairs this, hope you get a satisfactory resolution. Don't know if it's just me noticing it more now that I've got an s3 but car theft seems to be worse then it has been for years. Where are the deterrents in terms of sentencing?

Horrible state of affairs this, hope you get a satisfactory resolution. Don't know if it's just me noticing it more now that I've got an s3 but car theft seems to be worse then it has been for years. Where are the deterrents in terms of sentencing?

It's not just you.
Car thefts had died back when the punishments (especially for aggregated burglary) were increased.

Lots of gangs turned to cannabis farming - as it was more profitable and less risky.

But the last couple of years, organised car crime is back unfortunately.

And always remember when posting on here, or any other forums. The criminals will be reading these posts to get info on the cars they have taken (Trackers/cctv etc).
So think before you post.

Reactions: S32B
If mine goes I don't want it back, GAP is cheaper than a tracker and you get a brand new car!
Trackers aren't expensive. I agree about GAP though, I have it myself.