S3 Stolen

Its happening a lot, and I want to know what I might be dealing with it if happens to me. I know of a 2008 S3 stolen this month within walking distance of my house!

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Reactions: cpc_s3
ive got one coming i am also interested. my neighbour told me a lot of cars have gone missing on my street and my landlord is a police woman she said the same. nervous of my s3 coming

Best is to have a garage, locked away, out of sight.

Out of interest, how many on here have a safe? I've a mate who's a locksmith & he's more or less talked me into getting one.

I dont mind saying about mine if it helps, as it was a few years back and Ive moved since then:

Golf R32 DSG and Mini Cooper S (both new), parked on road in front of house.

South Manchester area.

4 robbers. 2 in house and one each at front and back (apparently).
We only saw 2 - both with balaclavas - one well built who smashed bedroom door down.
Other skinny git (stayed downstairs) saw leaving house and getting in one of the cars. Reckon the larger guy was mixed race from gap in his balaclava.
Local accents.

Smashed front door (3 locks) off its frame at 3 am on Mon morning. Very common day/time!

Made a load of racket. Nothing subtle, it was more like a Police drugs raid, loads of noise and shouting.

Fair enough, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: arjay
Nearly 80% of burglaries happen via the front door. All your locks on a timber door or uPVC one are not going to stop scum from breaking through in minutes. You need a steel security door (with decorative cladding, of course) but they don't come cheap, upwards of £3,000. But it will stop sledge hammers and crow bars!

The other entry point are windows. Locks on those will not stop a determined burglar from using his crowbar, car jack etc... You need security grilles to deal with that risk. Sure a burglar might have to come with his grinder but its gonna take more than a few minutes to get through those thick iron bars !

If you have an open drive consider anti-ram bollards.

Get your alarm and cctv

Your last resort threat is then carjacking - consider clifford's blackjax-5. Pedal locks, car cover with lock...consider a bollard in front of your garage door.

I've been told it is Traveller gangs doing this right now and they are not afraid of being seen or making a racket. They do like any scum criminal need to do things as quickly as possible - within 5-10mins. So if you layer up your security you can buy more time for plod to come and help. And response times at 3am ish are pretty damn fast - my plod came within 5 mins of calling 999.

Good luck and don't be green about this - I was and paid the price! Start to think like scum and you should cover off all bases. Its happening a lot these days so protect yourselves and your families if you want nice cars in your household.

Reactions: 4K
And if the 0.01% doesn't run and you shoot them you get life for murder, well played.

It would be self defence though wouldn't it and to be honest if you have a burglar in your house that doesn't run after a gun pointing at him or a warning shot you are in deep deep **** and a court case is the least of your worries!

Firearms give you an option, an option that may result in your family not getting hurt.

Or you at very least get done with excessive force or illegal use of a firearm, either way you still go to jail and there's nobody there to look after your car or more importantly your family.

Sorry to hear, but the break and enter for keys is getting more prevalent these days. A good alarm is the only way, just make sure you set it at night (police advise it's amazing how many people who have house alarms fitted down set them before turning in for the evening)

A bit of advice I was given after I had one of my previous cars stolen was never to have your home address stored in your Sat Nav, as if they manage to get your car without the keys they can then work out where you live and arguably drive round to get them (or if you have left house or other keys in the car, they potentially know the house locks they fit). My "home" address set for my Sat Nav is close but in the next street therefore "just in case"

Nearly 80% of burglaries happen via the front door. All your locks on a timber door or uPVC one are not going to stop scum from breaking through in minutes. You need a steel security door (with decorative cladding, of course) but they don't come cheap, upwards of £3,000. But it will stop sledge hammers and crow bars!
Good post!

These type of things can strengthen your door considerably for low cost.
Amazon product

And let's not forget steering wheel lock or similar on your car.

Last edited:
You need a steel security door (with decorative cladding, of course) but they don't come cheap, upwards of £3,000.
But it will stop sledge hammers and crow bars!

You need security grilles to deal with that risk. Sure a burglar might have to come with his grinder.....

If you have an open drive consider anti-ram bollards.

Get your alarm and cctv

Your last resort threat is then carjacking - consider clifford's blackjax-5.
Pedal locks, car cover with lock...consider a bollard in front of your garage door.

Wow !!
Think I'd just opt for a slower car.

Or at least one that isn't publicised for use by the Police on all these TV Programmes at the mo.
Doesn't help with the Police stating that their "preferred car" for catching Crims is the S3.
Guess what said Crims then decide to use.

Family versus a car - only one option really.
Why on earth would you risk a family (particularly a young one) from this sort of hassle just so that you can go that little bit faster down a road.
Whenever the majority of people see a car going at "silly o speed" the usual comment is "What a W....r".

Although I agree with your sentiment, I see more tools speeding in clapped out boy racer cars tbh.

Basically any half decent car nowadays will do 130+mph.

What do you define as a slower car?

Or do you mean a less stolen car?

Last edited:
Wow !!
Think I'd just opt for a slower car.

Or at least one that isn't publicised for use by the Police on all these TV Programmes at the mo.
Doesn't help with the Police stating that their "preferred car" for catching Crims is the S3.
Guess what said Crims then decide to use.

Family versus a car - only one option really.
Why on earth would you risk a family (particularly a young one) from this sort of hassle just so that you can go that little bit faster down a road.
Whenever the majority of people see a car going at "silly o speed" the usual comment is "What a W....r".

Maybe I shouldn't have anything nice at all, sell the house and move into a bedsit just to be safe. In fact i might draw all my cash out of the bank and burn it, just to make sure the bank robbers don't get their hands on it.

Reactions: Jaymo, thebluefox, slayaz and 1 other person
Soul boy that is really terrible and made me think.
I already have the house fairly secure and when my S3 arrives it has a place in my locked and alarmed garage.
My doors and windows are as secure as can be. The front door is solid timber and locked at night with mortise lock.
Though I am also careful to ensure we have escape plan in case of fire.
I think the best security is good insurance . Faced with what you had I would hand the keys over.
Friend at work was burgled on Thursday . The B's even took his four year piggy bank. That is seriously sick and shows you what scum they are.
I hope you and your family get over the this quickly....

wow, seems like every week I pop by on this forum, I read a S3 was stolen.
My last advice to the previous poster in the last thread was to get a dog, preferably a Rottweiler.

To this home invasion and robbery.
I would be packing if I lived in the UK.

Glock17.jpg

It be one less robber on the streets.

Thats terrible to hear, but you and your family are safe and thats the most important thing

Soul boy that is really terrible and made me think.
I already have the house fairly secure and when my S3 arrives it has a place in my locked and alarmed garage.
My doors and windows are as secure as can be. The front door is solid timber and locked at night with mortise lock.
Though I am also careful to ensure we have escape plan in case of fire.
I think the best security is good insurance . Faced with what you had I would hand the keys over.
Friend at work was burgled on Thursday . The B's even took his four year piggy bank. That is seriously sick and shows you what scum they are.
I hope you and your family get over the this quickly....

Thanks for the concern, but it was a few years ago now (2007).
The funny thing was the keys were downstairs all the time, but they assumed they were in the bedroom....hence crowbaring the door off while I tried to keep it shut!

Eventually the guy downstairs shouted 'got the keys' just as the door collapsed in.

Any road up. You can't let fear rule your life. You have to take control back after something like that, however you do it.
Don't let them win!

Last edited:
Reactions: musicegbdf and slayaz
That's exactly my thoughts Soulboy - "you have to take control back..." Its only then that you can start to overcome your fear. Fear can be overwhelming and paralyzing!

If anyone lives in the Herts area and hasn't considered private security patrols before - check this out:

http://www.proforce1security.com/article/bbc--call-security

Reactions: musicegbdf and Soulboy
DGF.,
Any update ? Did you the insurance sorted and anything from the Police ... ?
Hope you and your family are getting over it. .

Yes, simple. Don't put your location in your personal profile lol. If you are talking about location services such as GPS and IP tracking that's another matter.

Omg nearly launched my iPad out the window.. They are watching me....