S3 stolen Lastnight

Chamb0

Reaction score
Woke up this morning at 4:20am for work, front door wide open, keys gone, car gone!! I'm so ****** off with thieving *****!

My CCTV shows it all, just trying to get it off my box now so i can upload the footage here!

Black S3 B19RVC

RS3 front grill

APR intake

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awful. Are the Police doing much to help?

Terrible news. People work hard to afford these things and scum like that don't care. Hope the car is found safe and well and they are caught quickly and dealt with.

Sorry to hear this (again) unfortunately is a regular topic on here. At least no one was hurt.

I know its locking the stable door after the horse has bolted but there are plenty of threads on how to protect yourself and family on here....but sometimes, like in your case, not even having CCTV is enough of a deterrent that's why GAP insurance is a must to make sure you can at least replace the car without any financial hardship.

That is shocking news. As long as you and family are ok, cars can be replaced

Sorry to hear this, any idea how they got in without disturbing you?

Romford in Essex,they got in the front door, i didn't double lock it normally do, just sods law i didn't do it that night. they was in and out in 4/5 mins, keys are in a kitchen cabinet. police come round in half and hour which shocked me, they said i'm the 4th call tonight in the local area. all keys and cars getting nicked M3's and Audis.

Sad news mate I feel for you.

Did you have any other deterrents on the car as well as the CCTV? i.e. disklok etc. I'm thinking of setting up lighting and CCTV outside my house as well as potentially a disklok. But as always, you can only deter a theft so much, if they really want a car they will get it one way or another :/

Bar stewards the lot of them. Just shows even with their fugly mugs on CCTV they'll still try it. Hope the footage shows their faces and get it plastered everywhere.

I personally wouldn't want the car back after the scumbags had ragged it.

I do however, hope they find the bodies barely alive in the twisted mangled wreckage where they have been trapped for days in excruciating pain. Let them recover in hospital before locking them up and introducing them to some big well hung bloke who thinks they are pretty.

Reactions: LewMcC, glasgowdubber, steeve and 6 others
That sucks big time mate. It's bad enough taking the car, but to come into your home just elevates it to a whole new level.
I really do hope the measures you already have lead to these scum being caught, I fear not though.
Also hope the family are ok, mentally it can be hard to deal with.
Which area are you in?

SO terrible, i always worry about the same thing happening to me.
I would say hope it makes its way back to you, but honestly it would be better if the insurance just covers the loss completely allowing you to get a new car.

That's gash mate sorry to hear about another member on here being robbed of their pride and joy.

When you say you didn't double lock it, do you mean you just lifted the door handle but didn't turn the key or do you have 2 separate locks in your door.

Just curious BTW.

Sorry to hear this mate :(

[QUOTE="-Ju-, post: 2797882, member: 22922"

Which area are you in?[/QUOTE]

He's in Romford in Essex.

Reactions: -Ju-
Romford in Essex,they got in the front door, i didn't double lock it normally do, just sods law i didn't do it that night. they was in and out in 4/5 mins, keys are in a kitchen cabinet. police come round in half and hour which shocked me, they said i'm the 4th call tonight in the local area. all keys and cars getting nicked M3's and Audis.

Oh..friend of mine almost had his Golf R stolen in the same circumstances from his house in Gidea Park just over a month ago but they got disturbed before they got to the keys and legged it.

Sorry to hear of the loss, but glad you are ok. Car can be replaced. Just hope they get caught.

Next door neighbour was broken into last week trying to pinch his motor bike and the first thing the police did was knock on my door and warn me about my car, so I installed cctv over the weekend, seem like no deterrent will stop them though if they really want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh..friend of mine almost had his Golf R stolen in the same circumstances from his house in Gidea Park just over a month ago but they got disturbed before they got to the keys and legged it.

Most of them are pussies and don't want to be confronted by homeowners, especially those that might be tooled up.

I think the CPS are now taking a dim view on aggravated burglaries by not prosecuting homeowners who kill intruders. There have been some recent cases in Greater Manchester where this has happened.

I've said this before but people should really be investing in some proper anti snap door cylinders and handles and putting extra locks on windows. For the sake of a hundred odd pounds it's definitely worthwhile and much cheaper than home and car insurance excesses.

Reactions: richinsoton
Please upload the footage same thing happened to me, i live in romford too!

my Audi A4 Sline got robbed on friday night between 9.30 and midnight, broke in keys stolen car driven away

I'll get the CCTV footage up ASAP, Its not great though. Yeah i just pulled the handle up and, didn't put the key in and lock it. I'm also wondering how they knew my keys were in there. Just hope things with the insurance company won't be pain in the ***. I've had major headaches with company's before!

Sorry to read this Chamb0, same thing happened to me in June (posted at the time), Essex but not Romford.

Unfortunately mine was found the next day. After more than 2 months still no word on when new car locks & keys can be supplied, let alone the interior panels that were ripped out trying to find tracker.

Hope yours is never found. It's a hard decision whether to replace it with another similar car (that might also be attractive to the scum) or something that goes under the radar.

Sorry to here this,

I'm in Scotland however it might be an idea to get a full description up, is your car a 3/5 door, do you have any pics.

I know it's a long shot however you never know, I am aware of a stolen merc found up here by a taxi driver, give your local companies a phone, they will circulate it for you.

Bad news mate. THE CCTV is a lot better quality than I have seen before. I would get this all over social media & hope that somebody recognizes the clothing the little sh*ts are wearing.

Reactions: Iqrxa
Thanks for the upload, I know exactly what your going through.

Sorry to hear of your loss, did you have a tracker on the car ?
I wish the perpetrators a slow and painful death

Such a scum... Good thing is you and ur family are Ok.. The car is replaceable. Hope police get those two looked.

They seem to open the front door straight away was it not locked at all? Also looks like the drivers side window was partially open before they reached the car. Was 2 minutes flat from entry to exit to find the keys - how they knew where you keys were so quickly is beyond me.

Reactions: testcard and FBF01
They seem to open the front door straight away was it not locked at all? Also looks like the drivers side window was partially open before they reached the car. Was 2 minutes flat from entry to exit to find the keys - how they knew where you keys were so quickly is beyond me.

I think the car has wind deflectors as a pose to an open window

Scrotes.

If I found those two in my house they would have both left in a private ambulance, not an S3.

Reactions: robofire and RS3 S.
The only issue you might have is that the front door was not fully secured by you never dead locked it.

Most people hide there keys in similar places (on a key hook, in a kitchen cupboard, on the kitchen table, on the coffee table etc.) so don't take long to find, 2 people can scout your downstairs in under a minute

I have said before on here once they are in I don't make it difficult for them to find the keys, better they find them than hold a knife to someone's throat. my keys are always left in plain sight downstairs just make it hard for them to get in CCTV alone is not enough.

I have CCTV, an alarm system that works and good quality locks on doors and windows (and always use them all)and if that fails they can have the car and I don't want it back half trashed and I claim on the GAP insurance and I would still go out and buy another high performance car.

BTW, my friend who nearly lost his Golf R had an alarm and did not set it!!!!!

Reactions: richinsoton, davc and S32B
wow that's scary to think they were in your house, 15 minutes before you got up for work!

The way they seemed to come up the road with their faces covered it looks like they knew you had cctv, either by casing the house/car out before and seeing it, or taking into account that they knew exactly where the keys were they knew you! As horrible as that sounds have you ever mentioned to people you know where you put the keys?

The way that front door opened makes me wonder if they'd already been to the house once before to force it open then retire to a safe distance to see if they'd woken anyone up.

Might be worth reeling back through the footage to see if they'd been before, you may find a partial face to put to the evidence stack.

Reactions: Kalashnikov
They looked like they weren't sure about taking it, what were they waiting for? Was one of them waiting outside as well and one was tooled up probably to break windows to steel stuff out of cars if anything, they just look like opportunists to me, probably know the area and what type of cars live at which house, basically waiting for you to make a mistake, not sods law.

How often do you check your CCTV, I wonder if this is the first time your door has been checked?

Really feel for you, but I'd be happier for the keys to be found downstairs rather than them start looking upstairs...