S3 Steering Wheel Badge

Rangie999

Reaction score
Well the extra exhaust hanger arrived and was very good value, fitted perfectly and certainly tightened up the fitting of the whole exhaust I think. Fitted the new dump valve and again a real difference over the old and probably original one. Seems to hold the boost much better?

Next on my list is the steering wheel..... I see from the parts finder in the stickies that I can get a new badge to replace the worn one I currently have. The leather is still perfect and the interior shows no real sights of wear apart from this little badge. It's starting to stand out more as the rest of the car finally gets finished.

So my question to you all is has anyone managed to change one ok?? I have seen several secondhand steering wheels for sale over the last year but they all have the wear I am trying to avoid. Is the part even still available? Although a German company does offer a retrim and new badge for many Euros I am not to keen on that option.

You help as always would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Clart
the badge pops out, touched mine up with red nail varnish and some clear coat. ps the nail varnish was not mine lol
mark

Reactions: superkarl
Yep, a blunt thin instrument will prise it out nicely. I bought a new one from the dealer about four years ago and it was about £17, so not cheap considering it's a small piece of plastic! From memory I think it has two small lugs on the rear of the badge which hold the badge in place.

Just the local Audi dealer. Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow so will see how it goes and report back for you.

Dunno until I see the invoice I'm afraid ...... I expect it will be too much like these things tend to be. I have an account with them and TPS which is probably not such a good idea as the bills scare me to death sometimes. Thing is I have the S3 and an A3 sport Quattro tdi both of them are now getting on in years and I love them both. I have flirted with the idea of other vehicles but I like these too much. They do everything I ask so well....just wish they still made them this way. The badge is about the last thing I have to do....it's about the only thing left showing wear. Will report on price and how it's fits as soon as I have more details....

Well it turned up and is expensive for a very small piece of plastic. Over £20.00 with the vat. Part number is 8LO 419 685 A. Takes about 5 seconds to fit but looks absolutely fantastic .....goes well with the new gear knob! Happy times!!

Thanks Matthew! Came in the post today :)

My first trial run, masked off the silver bits so I'll see how it turns out in the morning.

40301acf12bf56efe9185e98a8bf03b8.jpg

take it into one of those nail places and get it done???? wonder what they would charge?

looks ok so far

Next on the list are the plastic trim bits that clip onto the inside edge of the front wings around the engine bay and go from the internal covers up to the bonnet hinges. I have been through the parts finder stickies with a fine tooth comb with no lick at finding them. Called a couple of breakers but they didn't have anything.....anyone got a clue on part number or a breaker with a pair?? The OCD requires that I get some.... Thank you.