S3 standard ride height?

A3 steve

Reaction score
Hi,

Over the weekend I fitted Koni FSD dampers to my car and kept the standard springs. I replaced the front top mounts,bearings and spring plates at the same time. Now its all back together it looks a little high to me, but it may just be that i've just been looking harder following all the work.

Rubber topmount: 1J0 412 331 C
Bearing : 1J0 412 249
Spring top plate: 357 412 341 A, superseded by 1J0 412 341.

As far as I remember all the replacement parts were no different to the new ones and i had the springs compressed when I tightened the top mount down so i know that is seated correctly.

I measured from the center of the wheel to the underside of the wheel arch and got 38cm at the front and 36cm at the rear. does anyone know how this compares to other cars on standard springs?

094d5777.jpg

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:
Does look a little high mate? Have you driven it for a while to allow for settling?

Drove it to work and back today, A roads and motorway. Over a few speed bumps that I thought would help it settle.....

looks about the same as mine il see if i can find a measuring tape, mines standard apparently

Thanks,

I'll get the shell off next and measure the shock body and lower spring plate position, somethings not right.