S3 stalling problems

T3r0

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've got my new engine running well and all, but i have one problem that i can't find a solution to.
The car will stall or get verry close to stalling when pressing down the clutch after acceleration or if coming to a red light.
I also get negative boost pressure (gauge is connected to FPR) the car pulls fine but my boost pressure never gets to a positive pressure.
All the sensors from the turbo to the throttlebody have been replaced. Ive checked hoses for leaks and fixed two cracks that were found on the vaccume from the brake booster.
Ive also put in a new fuel filter.
Dose anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Best regards / Tero

These cars without any boost feel like they are dragging an anchor..

It's normal to see vacuum, unless boosting under load... do you have anything to read the desired and actual boost (Android torque pro, vcds, odbeleven, me7logger etc)

By the way, you shouldn't see any boost if revving the engine whilst stationary, eg on your driveway as the map is load based.

These cars without any boost feel like they are dragging an anchor..

It's normal to see vacuum, unless boosting under load... do you have anything to read the desired and actual boost (Android torque pro, vcds, odbeleven, me7logger etc)

By the way, you shouldn't see any boost if revving the engine whilst stationary, eg on your driveway as the map is load based.
The negative vacuum is under load, when driving at 2-4000 rpm and it pulls fine.
I don't have anything else to read boost.
Im gonna try change the FPR and see if that has anything to do with the engine stalling when coming to a stop.

Thnaks for the reply

Check that all your vacuum hoses are wired correctly, make sure your n75 and DV aren't backwards. Also check for fault codes if you can. After removing the TB you need to align it, like that.

Timing was off for me when i had this issue, vacuum hoses are easy first check though and its very common especially the hoses/lines under the intake manifold.

Reactions: s3mad_dude