Website
www.facebook.com
Not by me :laugh:

u9TCY.jpg

FXB4A.jpg

OGNdD.jpg

:ninja:

Reactions: Kelza
It's nice but doesn't look much different to the Sline. Wouldn't say no though! Impressive engine!

The quad pipes will help set it aside!!

I agree the 8v is lovely and a definite improvement on the 8p in my opinion just not quite special enough for the £ they are asking. Once a good deal can be done will be a potential buy!

Like it, is that sepang? Considering one in sazuka. When does order books open for them?

Order books open in February.

Wondering if the colour is the S3 only Crystal effect Estoril Blue mentioned in the official S3 Press Release..?

Wheels are a de-chromed version of the ones on the S3 at the Paris Motor Show - not the Flow-Formed ones on the Oficial images. I think that I prefer the ones in the images above anyway.

The transceiver for the Adaptive Cruise Control. I think.

It's not just a sensor or transceiver, it's actually a camera. It's there if you spec various options, including the one which reads road signs and white line markings. Personally I think it looks awful. At one point I was contemplating adding some options which required this and the gaping hole in the front grille was one of the main things that put me off.

Camera in the grille is fine until a stone goes through it. I had the joy of a £600 bill for a new condenser for that reason! Loving the colour though.

I'll go out on a bit of a limb here.......

I don't like it, still looks too much like an A1 to me. I know S3s are subtle (tbh one of its appeals) but this is too far that way.

May change my opinion seeing one in the metal but as it stands, not for me

Chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, eeeeeuuuuccchhhh...... a be-jewelled hot hatch for the Cheshire set.
Full chrome around the windows wtf...... Black edition Audi's was created to combat this monstrosity

Chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, eeeeeuuuuccchhhh...... a be-jewelled hot hatch for the Cheshire set.
Full chrome around the windows wtf...... Black edition Audi's was created to combat this monstrosity
I never noticed that until you said,yeah tis very very chromey :uhm:dunno whether I like it now

Full chrome around the windows wtf......

All Audi s-lines have the chrome too - it's not S series specific, and certainly not specific to the S3. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

All Audi s-lines have the chrome too - it's not S series specific, and certainly not specific to the S3. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Dunno, is you're stick covered in chrome........
just thought it was a bit heavy on the trinkets....... depends on how flash you like it I guess

Dunno, is you're stick covered in chrome........
just thought it was a bit heavy on the trinkets....... depends on how flash you like it I guess

I personally quite like it, with the exception of the mirrors... that just pushes it over the edge for me

I love the 8V A3 but this for me is not a big enough "step up" over the standard variant. I sure hope they make a better job of the 8V RS3!

that's the first thing I noticed when I saw this picture! definitely very chromey for a Sport version! don't get me wrong, I like a little chrome, but this is more akin to the old Deluxe Edition.

The previous S-line doesn't have that much - even non-BE only has Chrome grill surround.

I get a feeling that the grill camera is going to look very outdated very quickly ...and where are the fog lights?

dont like the look of that. the tech in the car is very cool tho but unfortunately cant be retrofitted into the 8Ps

looks like the A1, i checked out the normal 8V and again apart from the built-in screen and the controls in the centre console the rest just looked too BMW for me.

i think il be changing to a different model Audi all together after my A3

Looked too BMW?!?! Really. I don't see or feel that at all about the 8V. I tested the new 3 and 1 series' when I was buying my latest A3. I found them different to the A3 in every way - sometimes that was a good thing, sometimes bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
As in plain and ugly

That surprises me. There isn't much on view to be ugly.

I was all set to order a 320d M-Sport until I drove the new A3. The quality of the dash and switchgear is better than BMW. Both could be described as plain though, I guess. On first sight, it looks so minimalist you wonder where everything has gone. However, it's all there.

I'd call it refreshing for Audi... my A4 dash now looks very 'busy' in comparison!

That surprises me. There isn't much on view to be ugly.
I'd call it refreshing for Audi... my A4 dash now looks very 'busy' in comparison!
The audi bloke said they have started to look at minimising the cabin but I reckon its a bit concentrated,some nice touches though with the techy side.

I'd have never have thought it 'plain.' From reading on this forum it would appear that its pretty polarizing if anything. Ugliness I guess is subjective but its one of the more unique dashboards i've seen. I did find the 1 series a bit dull inside so I'd agree with you on that point. 3 series has a nice cabin though.

Here's 1 and A3 side by side... barring the usual features that cars generally have I don't think either has been influenced by the other.

6812386552e7f9b3d413z.jpg

S line flat bottom steering wheel anyone ? Changes look of dash interior IMO , that's why I ordered s line.

Sean

What do people think of the A45 AMG interior? I'm seriously considering it alongside the 8V S3 for replacing my 8P S3. I thought I hated the screen on the A3 until I saw the one in the Merc but the rest of the interior has be intrigued...

2013_Mercedes_A-Class_11.jpg

2013-mercedes-benz-a45-amg_100419030_l-800x600.jpg

That new merc looks special! I want to see one in the flesh tho

Yeah it looks great. I've seen a few of the 'standard' ones around and its a nice looking car. Reviews of the standard spec cars haven't been overly kind but i'm sure the AMG will be the dog's bits.

Hate the screen in the merc looks very cheap and stuck on for a car costing anything upto 35k

Hate the screen in the merc looks very cheap and stuck on for a car costing anything upto 35k

I agree.

I wasn't convinced looking at the pictures but kept an open mind on both the A3 and Merc screens. However, after sitting in both cars, the A3 one seems to be located at a perfect height and falls naturally to the eye without distracting the driver or causing any blindspots. The merc one just looked out of place from the driving seat... kind of like an after-thought.

The switchgear also felt quite poor (for a premium car at least) - whereas in the C Class the row of switches on the centre console feel 'aluminium-like' on the A class they were just plain hard plastic. The ones on the radio felt like a Nokia phone I had in the 90s. Just my opinion of course. :-/

The exterior looked absolutely stunning though and Merc ride quality far surpasses Audi and BMW.

The Merc dash is very busy and, IMHO, quite vulgar!

Roll on mid April for my A3 S Line!!

I've test driven the A3 (petrol & diesel S-Lines) and the new Merc A-Class and both makes drive beautifully. Regarding exterior styling, the A3 looks more of a classy design than the boy-racer inspired Merc; however, note that the rear visibility for the A-Class is bordering on the dangerous!
I found the interior of the Merc initially attractive...lots more to see, but you quickly realize the Merc lacks the A3's interior quality by a long chalk and it soon becomes wearisome and tacky...especially with that afterthought that is the stick-on screen. The A3's minimalist interior is way better on the eye and provides all the tech bells and whistles in a reassuringly ergonomic way. The A3 wins by a country mile for me both in terms of exterior and interior styling.

My specced A3 S-Line Sportback arrives in May!

I've test driven the A3 (petrol & diesel S-Lines) and the new Merc A-Class and both makes drive beautifully. Regarding exterior styling, the A3 looks more of a classy design than the boy-racer inspired Merc; however, note that the rear visibility for the A-Class is bordering on the dangerous!
I found the interior of the Merc initially attractive...lots more to see, but you quickly realize the Merc lacks the A3's interior quality by a long chalk and it soon becomes wearisome and tacky...especially with that afterthought that is the stick-on screen. The A3's minimalist interior is way better on the eye and provides all the tech bells and whistles in a reassuringly ergonomic way. The A3 wins by a country mile for me both in terms of exterior and interior styling.

My specced A3 S-Line Sportback arrives in May!

Exactly my thoughts very nearly ordered a A200 AMG sport but luckily had a change of heart and now waiting for a 3 door Sline should be here may/June.