S3/Sports back 2008 8p Chassis- coding required

fijigreasemonkey

Reaction score
I live in Fiji.My car went into flood waters 2 years ago.Till todate,I can not get it started.Speedo cluster and few other electronics were replaced.The VW dealer here can not code this car.Solution was to send it back to NZ,which will cost me around 20k NZD-repair/return.There is No Audi dealer ship here.I am also a mechanic by trade.
I was wondering weather any one could come over and sort this out for me,or maybe know of any wrecks where I could buy whole electronic parts and ship over to run this pretty car.Im open to suggestions....
Vin number is WAUZZZ8P88A163730,manual 6 speed-model 8P1S39.
Im available on email-tanzauto@gmail.com

What exactly cant the dealer code for you?

My advice is to not put email addresses in your posts fella, as it will lead to untold spam.

there is no display when the keys are on-with the new cluster,which I believe will be fixed when its coded.But the old unit only dispalyed half screen when the trip meter was pressed and many missing characters on the display.

Ok this is what is happening,since it got flooded 2 years ago,I fully stripped this car and rebuilt it from scratch.I can get all lights working,remote pads can lock and unlock the car,when ignition is switched on the fuel pump runs for a short moment then off,ac display works with blower etc....
I tried to direct the starter with the key on,it starts for about 4 sec then off again.Overall Im happy so far with the work Ive done to fully restore it,but the problem to code it just started.Nz Audi confirmed that VW Fiji can code the immobilizer for me using there NZ Audi password for the day,but it is quite complicated because VW-Fiji gets there approval from Sigapore,who said NO to programming this car last week. This is where Im at.

I have the same problem apart from mine will not start at all, I'd be happy if mine started and then cut out, because it would be a start from where I am now, good luck keep us in tuch cheers

Yes, we both have the same problem.Also my power windows dont operate too.Can you send me a photo of the fuse box in the engine bay and photo of relays under dash board -right of steering column.
Question,was this vehicle parked for a long period of time,or did it the faults happen just one day..Im very determined to solve this once and for all.

Go now to your car and check this out,I think it will fix your problem..
"an 80a fuse under the polystyrene tool holder next to the spare wheel...."this must be blown.

Sounds like you have immobiliser problem, did you need to change your engine ecu, yours will be right hand drive is it, have you taken the plugs of the moduels to see if they are all clean and show no signs of water damage, are your clocks working , all lighting up when turning the key, my window don't work either, have you had any diagnostics plugged into the car yet, ??

Mine is RH drive.All pins are super clean,but found moisture inside the ecu.Calling Audi NZ now....will let you know. The scanners cant read anything at the moment

Greetings Bro John.....yours has a relay issue....100 %
Ill sort mine out tomorrow.It was confirmed in NZ today,that when the ECU is disconnected,the speedo still displays...so go now and look for it,..Ill try to assist you as well me brother.Ill iron out this problem by Sunday.Im super determined.......Fijigreasemonkey

My clocks down light up at all even when lights are turned on or hazard lights are on, I've all ready check all relays that was second on my list after the fuses, I think mine is a gateway issue, forum member had a look last list for me and thinks it may be some wires that looked furred up from water damage, see how we bother get on

I've managed to sort the main problem I had, with a big thanks to Tom. @udi A3, he came out in the rain to have a look at my car where he traced the flag back, to a fault and corrosive plug, big thanks to Tom what a hero thanks

If you take your glove out and you can see the can-gateway moduel, if you take or unplug the wires from it and check them , I took each wire out and cleaned them using plumbing flux and then cleaned them of with a preclean liquid from my m8 s car body's hope and repaire a wire that fell to pieces when Tom touched it, try this even if you think its clean I'm sure it will have some corrosion on them , good luck john but I'm nearly 100% sure your problem lies with you wireing and most likely the can gateway! I'm hope ing now I need Tom to code my clusters and ecu and hopefully I'll be like a dog with 2 dicks ( happy)

Reactions: @udi A3
I live in Fiji.My car went into flood waters 2 years ago.Till todate,I can not get it started.Speedo cluster and few other electronics were replaced.The VW dealer here can not code this car.Solution was to send it back to NZ,which will cost me around 20k NZD-repair/return.There is No Audi dealer ship here.I am also a mechanic by trade.
I was wondering weather any one could come over and sort this out for me,or maybe know of any wrecks where I could buy whole electronic parts and ship over to run this pretty car.Im open to suggestions....
Vin number is WAUZZZ8P88A163730,manual 6 speed-model 8P1S39.
Im available on email-tanzauto@gmail.com

If you are prepared to post the ecu and clocks to me in the UK im certain I could match the immobilisers up, and return them with two working transponders for your existing keys. The original clock and ecu are not needed but would be useful. As with Johns car, the biggest issue was the water damage to plugs and wiring etc. You would be best getting the car into a position where it will start then stall due to immobiliser kicking in before sending any parts to me.

Sounds good to me.I will send a new clock and new ecu with the old units.I also want the ecu upgraded with a lot more KW's too.Ive ordered in a gateway from Germany and once its in and my scanner can read the systems,ill send you over the units.Could you give me an indication as to how much this programming exercise would cost,excluding freight....please advise.....

I'm not sure I'd need transponders but if your careful then go for it.
I won't remap the ecu, get it running first

You can gladly try these bits on my car before coding or sending back, I don't mind using mine a a guineapig , if needed so you no everything works over here before sending it back, if that helps, but would need to be a cdl engine

Reactions: @udi A3
You can gladly try these bits on my car before coding or sending back, I don't mind using mine a a guineapig , if needed so you no everything works over here before sending it back, if that helps, but would need to be a cdl engine
Generous offer john, but tonight i was able to test my latest tools on another car and now have complete confidence in being able to do this job on the bench :D