Facelift S3 Sportback in Panther Black [picture heavy]

oaf

Driving...
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My S3 arrived las week so I thought I'd post a few pictures. There don't seem to be all that many Panther Black photos so I thought I'd try to redress the balance :friendly wink:

t8Dv9No.gif

It has matrix lights, which are great...

QrBbiUJ.jpg

and the must have Audi beam puddle lights too!
4dFqvt9.jpg

It really was sunny today!
aWyAEsR.jpg

V5OE2QG.jpg

So here's what the paint looks like in bright sunlight:
39RSciz.gif

very deep and sparkly! Quite red/purple from this angle.

A couple of interior shots
XsISv4j.jpg

JiR5ylX.jpg

and finally the obligatory overcooked HDR picture!
ONbKGBy.jpg

Reactions: S3tuart, Audi Bairn, Whitestar and 14 others
That Panther Black is a bit lovely isn't it...!

Congrats!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi everyone

My S3 arrived las week so I thought I'd post a few pictures. There don't seem to be all that many Panther Black photos so I thought I'd try to redress the balance :friendly wink:

t8Dv9No.gif

QrBbiUJ.jpg

4dFqvt9.jpg

aWyAEsR.jpg

V5OE2QG.jpg

39RSciz.gif

XsISv4j.jpg

JiR5ylX.jpg

ONbKGBy.jpg

Congratulations! Beautiful car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

t8Dv9No.gif

QrBbiUJ.jpg

4dFqvt9.jpg

aWyAEsR.jpg

V5OE2QG.jpg

39RSciz.gif

XsISv4j.jpg

JiR5ylX.jpg

ONbKGBy.jpg

Congratulations! Beautiful car...

Great shots, love the one of the matrix lights.

Nice work.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Ok.... that is an awesome colour :) loving the pictures!! Are you going to any of the shows this year? Would be good to see it in the flesh

That looks stunning - congratulations !!!

Any plans for any paint protection details/coatings ?

As I bit of a photo weekend warrior I particularly like the interior shots with the narrow depth of field too :smiley:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and MikeSel^
Lovely car, Panther really does come alive in the sun!

Nice! Awesome pictures mate, like the interior shots! :)

Fellow Panther Black owner here. Picked mine up mid-sept '16 so haven't yet had any lengthy time to dribble over that Pearlescent shine in any good amount of sun. Bring on summer :hubbahubba:

So close to ordering panther black... just can't decide wether to go Black Edition or Standard +pano roof?!

Reactions: thedan29
Great pics and the car looks fantastic too.
I've had a few black cars recently (2 x Phantom) and the wife's had a couple (2 x Brilliant).
But there doesn't seem to be too many pics of black S3's kicking about on here.

Looks great. Looking forward to picking up our 3 door in Panther black next week

Thanks for the kind comments! I'm pleased with it so far... I've just slung some Meguiar's wax on and it seems to be doing the job. I've previously had Phantom Black Audis so it is nice to have a change :)

Enjoy your new car @Ja5on

PS to the photographers I used a 5D mark IV with 24-70 F2.8L, another new toy, recommended!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and richinsoton
Lovely combination the 24-70f2.8 with the 5d.

Love the car too. My Panther sedan now off the coast of Morocco on its way down under.

Thanks for the kind comments! I'm pleased with it so far... I've just slung some Meguiar's wax on and it seems to be doing the job. I've previously had Phantom Black Audis so it is nice to have a change :)

Enjoy your new car @Ja5on

PS to the photographers I used a 5D mark IV with 24-70 F2.8L, another new toy, recommended!

It's a small world! I used to work with James, who told me to keep an eye out for your new car! :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and oaf
Lovely combination the 24-70f2.8 with the 5d.

Love the car too. My Panther sedan now off the coast of Morocco on its way down under.

@Mac135 I bought the 70-200 F2.8L II at the same time and that is a really nice lens! A bit heavy perhaps but I love the quality. I wish they hadn't cropped 4K video on the mark IV (or gone for motion JPEG either, meh) but it is perfectly workable (and the crop gives extra reach which can help if you're shooting wildflife...) I last did "serious" photography over twenty years ago so digital stills and video is an exciting new world. I guess the enlarger will continue to gather dust in the attic now!

Audis aren't cheap down under I hear?! :) When is your Panther arriving?

It's a small world! I used to work with James, who told me to keep an eye out for your new car! :)

Hi Mike! James told me that one of his friends was waiting on a delivery! A small world indeed :) Are you going with manual or automatic? I had a manual V8 S5 a while ago (after a DSG 3) and can't say I've missed changing every gear myself in the years that have followed! And launch control is a lot of fun...

I offered James my last S3 (it was in mint condition and had just had a full service!) maybe next time... ;)

Hi Mike! James told me that one of his friends was waiting on a delivery! A small world indeed :) Are you going with manual or automatic? I had a manual V8 S5 a while ago (after a DSG 3) and can't say I've missed changing every gear myself in the years that have followed! And launch control is a lot of fun...

I offered James my last S3 (it was in mint condition and had just had a full service!) maybe next time... ;)

:) he was trying to push me up to the RS3!! Maybe next time for that too!!

I went manual. Nothing against the auto heard mixed reviews on both. I've still got that love for working my way through the gears whilst pulling away.. tho the s-tronic and launch control admittedly is going to be something I'll miss.

Are you heading to AITP this year? Or any of the other shows?

@Mac135 I bought the 70-200 F2.8L II at the same time and that is a really nice lens! A bit heavy perhaps but I love the quality. I wish they hadn't cropped 4K video on the mark IV (or gone for motion JPEG either, meh) but it is perfectly workable (and the crop gives extra reach which can help if you're shooting wildflife...) I last did "serious" photography over twenty years ago so digital stills and video is an exciting new world. I guess the enlarger will continue to gather dust in the attic now!

Audis aren't cheap down under I hear?! :) When is your Panther arriving?

@oaf my car is due to arrive in Melbourne on April 12. Should be with me about 4 weeks after that. That's longer than usual for delivery from the port but I'm in Europe on business for almost all of April.

Photo wise I'm a committed amateur. I have the 5d mkiii. Lens wise - a whole range in fixed 50 and 100mm, 70-300mm, 100-400mm, the 24-70mm and the 24-105mm.

Audi's are premium priced here. Didn't think the S3 was too costly, RRP with my spec was $83k agreed $76k. Looked at more expensive cars BMW 4 series, jag xe s, various mercs, Guilia beloved, Audi RS3. Most I didn't like while the RS3 is more car than I need. Coming out of a Scirocco R.

:) he was trying to push me up to the RS3!! Maybe next time for that too!!
@MikeSel^ It's easy to spend other people's money eh?! :) Ha ha... We'll get James in an Audi one of these days.

Photo wise I'm a committed amateur. I have the 5d mkiii. Lens wise - a whole range in fixed 50 and 100mm, 70-300mm, 100-400mm, the 24-70mm and the 24-105mm.

Audi's are premium priced here. Didn't think the S3 was too costly, RRP with my spec was $83k agreed $76k. Looked at more expensive cars BMW 4 series, jag xe s, various mercs, Guilia beloved, Audi RS3. Most I didn't like while the RS3 is more car than I need. Coming out of a Scirocco R.

@Mac135 $76000 AUD is over £47000, right? (and the pound isn't worth what it was). Ouch. A mate of mine moved to Oz a few years ago and he was shocked at the price of just about everything.

Your list of lenses looks excellent. I recently got hold of a radio flash trigger and flash/modifiers which have been fun to use. I'm debating whether to get a wider lens (especially if I'm going to try filming anything in 4K).

I think you're right that the S3 is in a good sweet spot (price/performance/not too over the top). Do post some pics when you receive delivery and safe trip back home.

Thanks @oaf.

We have this thing called luxury car tax. Levied from memory at about $65k. Adds a bit to a car like the S3 but adds tens of thousands to more exotic cars.

Yeah $76k is just over 47k sterling.

Australia in most regards is an expensive place to live. Food is costly compared to the UK, fuel is cheaper. One thing we don't have to deal with though are what I will call the road taxes the Brits have. Just an annual registration/insurance fee.

You can never have enough photographic gear. I've just purchased some Lens Baby lens. They are good fun.

Yes will post some shots when get the car. Not that many photos of Panther around it seems. Cheers.