S3 spark plugs

Shawn8V

Reaction score
Thought I’d change the plugs on my s3 after 15k miles (2years). Here’s what they looked like.

Attachments

• D5B37AE8-426C-4A66-BC74-081318DF1D09.jpeg
    D5B37AE8-426C-4A66-BC74-081318DF1D09.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 70877E52-6E24-4B6B-AEF6-25AB7815F20E.jpeg
    70877E52-6E24-4B6B-AEF6-25AB7815F20E.jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 1,170
On my RS3 Audi changed them every 19k miles.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shawn8V
Any difference in performance?

Feels abit better along with fresh oil and etc, haven’t done any vbox runs to see any difference due to the recent snow storm. I’ll report once I’ve done some tests.

Reactions: 4K
swapped mine out fr the rs7 ones, mainly due to having car remapped figured be good idea after hearing few people recommend them

2015 S3 (8V) can anybody recommend a good sparkplug with part number? I haven't tried the stealer yet as I was thinking NGK Iridium and looked at BKR7EIX but I was told they wouldn't work with my engine?

4B0C8EED 7F80 4C9C AE8B B92E6CF6D0F3

Sorry to hijack this one lads but I thought I would show what my plugs looked like coming out of my rs3 when I changed them one evening last month after 19k. Hope this helps.

View attachment 162825
Sorry to hijack this one lads but I thought I would show what my plugs looked like coming out of my rs3 when I changed them one evening last month after 19k. Hope this helps.

Looks fairly normal wear on a plug. Still got a bit of life in them.
Another quick question, is there 8 plugs in the s3?
Just looking at the first post and see 8 used plugs.

No mate just 4 in the s3 engine and 5 in the rs3 engine

Reactions: AlS3BE
Was just checking. In some of the hondas there are 2 plugs per cylinder and all platinum plugs so when they need done dealers want to charge £18 per plug and I’m sure Audi dealers would want £30+ per plug

Buy the spark plug socket mate and plugs and do it yourself, takes no more than 20mins.

Ordered a set of spark plugs via the forum parts request. £50 delivered (set of 4) from Crewe Audi.

What’s the torque for the spark plugs?

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techinfo/qa/q18/index.html

25-30 Nm for a 14mm plug. The "gasket" on a plug is really a crush washer needed to create a gas tight seal so the torque has to be sufficient to create a good seal but not so much that the plug becomes seized in the alloy head (if it does this is very bad!).

You can if you wish look up the specific torque (by part number) here: https://www.ngk.com/learning-center/article/522/plug-torque-settings
but you'll need to convert from ft Lb to Nm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martinbanshee
These are my spark plugs after 19,500 miles. Not too bad but I replaced them anyway. I noticed there was some yellow grease on the insulators of the plugs. I assume this is dielectric grease (a grease that will not conduct electricity even at very high voltages that protects electrics from moisture). I didn't have any dielectric grease but assumed there was enough still on the rubber boots anyway.

Having had diesel cars for decades this is the first set of spark plugs that I have replaced since on my Morris Minor. Far more of a performance on a modern car with coil on plug but no possibility of attaching the wrong HT lead as in days gone by!

I left the car for 2 hours after a long run but things were still rather hot! Car fired up very happily after fitting the new plugs and will do a test drive soon.

For anyone who wants the part number there's a pic below. Note this is a late 2016 FL S3 310.

IMG 2714

IMG 2708

IMG 2709