S3 Sold, Off To Pastures New!

My opinion on this car is very split,

There's something I like about them but elements of the interior are a real let down

I find the fake carbon dash very tacky
The screen is crap
The command system is crap
The seats are nice
The boot looks wide but rly is isn't

I had one for 3 days on test and tbh I was glad to give it back apart from point to point driving quickly I found it not very good, but each to there own

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
The A45 is an awesome car, im sure it sounds immense. My Aunt has the normal AMG Sport version and its very nice indeed, quality seems good, only thing i dont like is the LCD screen, it looks like a cheap aftermarket sat nav.

That's my S3 up for sale now. Just put onto Pistonheads.

Where did you sell yours mate?

My opinion on this car is very split,

There's something I like about them but elements of the interior are a real let down

I find the fake carbon dash very tacky
The screen is ****
The command system is ****
The seats are nice
The boot looks wide but rly is isn't

I had one for 3 days on test and tbh I was glad to give it back apart from point to point driving quickly I found it not very good, but each to there own
I'm the same, I love the numbers it puts out, I liked the AMG exhaust although it's not a patch on my M135i M performance exhaust, engine noise was mute though.
I'm starting to think I missed the point of the car, perhaps it's all about the drive but I just felt for the money there was too many compromises in quality inside and mechanically ie squeaks and rattles for me.
I guess it's what you use it for, if you've got an upmarket comfy cruiser and the A45 is your weekend b road blaster to the shops then it would be great, if I had to sit in stop start traffic and do boring stuff in it then it isn't for me

For the people that are interested, and yes I know it's an Audi forum, I picked up the A45 yesterday. 1 word. Epic.
It gives me the buzz already that the S3 just couldn't give me. It sounds like a Group N rally car with the AMG performance exhaust. If only Audi would let you pick options like 19" wheels and upgraded brakes with red calipers.
Here's a few pics anyways for those interested. Only done 70 miles so can't really comment on the power yet as it's got a strict run in period for 1000 miles.
View attachment 39730
View attachment 39731
View attachment 39732
View attachment 39733
View attachment 39734
View attachment 39735
View attachment 39736
Looks great, am sure it sounds even better!

Reactions: geefunk1978
That's my S3 up for sale now. Just put onto Pistonheads.

Where did you sell yours mate?

Would be interested to hear how you get on with selling it Craig! Will definitely go down the private sale route when it comes to changing again, but wonder whether there's a lot of serious buyers after private cars above £30k?

Thought Aberdeen Audi were doing you a good deal on trade against an RS6?

Would be interested to hear how you get on with selling it Craig! Will definitely go down the private sale route when it comes to changing again, but wonder whether there's a lot of serious buyers after private cars above £30k?

Thought Aberdeen Audi were doing you a good deal on trade against an RS6?

They were/are (although against a RS5 now), but there is always a chance to squeeze a bit more out of the car.

Well I'm thinking of going the other way. Owned an A45 AMG earlier this year. Came to if from an M135 and in the main its a better car.

Strangely enough never really felt the car was super quick in the mid range. My M135 always felt stronger and the mid range thrust from my just departed 335xD even better. After the honeymoon period wore off the interior got to me a bit and whilst it makes some noise its all exhaust and no real engine (not expecting an S3 to be better) Resale wasn't too bad and I had got a 4 figure discount when I bought it.

Know what you mean about the mid range, that BMW 335D engine is brutal. I'll not race one in my S3 anytime soon ;)

Got out of an A6 3.0TDi courtesy car into my S3, and thought, "My S3 isn't quicker" !!

i had a E92 335i 6AT with the N54 twin turbo version. Low and mid range grunt was great for city driving. Car felt almost flat at anything past 5500 rpm. I almost never shifted beyond that point to keep the engine on boil. To me people speak about BMW's in line 6 which is really the smoothest engine ever as a revvy engine but I didn't have that experience. I had a S1 tune on it with upgraded intercooler and performance exhaust. My little mini JCW pulls hard all the way to the redline and with far more drama.