S3 snow fun

S3 LTN

Reaction score
Was at home last night watching tv... about 12.30... Still not feeling sleepy at all.. and saw the keys laying on the table... :sly: calling out.

Tried out the "handling" on snow. Big empty car park where i knew there wont be any unpleasant surprises beneath the thick layer of snow.
Was incredibly fun four wheel drifts... doghnuts... even in reverse!

Even driving about last night on road the car felt so safe and glued to the road. No need to drive in higher gears and break early.
Love Audi Quattro!

Was snowing through out the night down here.

Great fun though still. :s3addict:

No arty snaps hands were freezing couldnt hold the phone properly.

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

Nice one Ali! It's a shame the snow has all cleared up around here or I'd be out myself!

Have you done your LEDs yet mate?

Yeah great fun mate. Still snowing here even now.. You still local or far out at the mo? Will build up again for tonight :sly: :eyebrows:

LED's are part done. Just the doors left and footwell. Doors are a nightmare.. for me anyway.
Number plates done and interior and map ones too. Look nice! (cheers Toby for the that thread)

fella you should have given me a shout lol ;)

slow motion snow drifting.. was out for 6 hours last night, was so much fun... 10mph and around 1200rpm the back end would swing out on my m8s old bmw... didnt see anyone else out though, which was abit fun because it was like having the roads to ourselves for the night, just to go sideways, however would have been nice to go out in a group and drift..

Yeah great fun mate. Still snowing here even now.. You still local or far out at the mo? Will build up again for tonight :sly: :eyebrows:

LED's are part done. Just the doors left and footwell. Doors are a nightmare.. for me anyway.
Number plates done and interior and map ones too. Look nice! (cheers Toby for the that thread)

I'm up north now mate. It's snowng again now but not settling.

Have you found that you'll need to take the doorcards off like I did?

fella you should have given me a shout lol ;)

I was going to give you a quick call but thought you'd be too tired from your weekend of detailing.
Don't worryyyyyy... Tonight? :ninja:
Will be crazy in your car... with that haldex controller... plenty of power to those rear wheels :o.k:

I'm up north now mate. It's snowng again now but not settling.

Have you found that you'll need to take the doorcards off like I did?

If you get time mate take it for a blast great fun.

Cars booked in for a service at Hitchin so will tell them to sort it out for me... Least they could do (STEALERS!!!)

:icon_thumright:

They'll charge you an arm and a leg for changing them to LEDs mate, if they're willing to do them at all!

It's easy to take the door cards off.

Use a flathead screwdriver to take of the aluminium (or other) inserts. Use a torx bit to unscrew the 2 screws you find under the insert and the one at the bottom (near the puddle light).

Starting from the bottom pull the doorcard off unpopping the clips as you go around until the car is hanging on just by the top.

Wiggle the top free so the card comes off.

Disconnect the big electrical connector and the door release connection so you can take the card away from the door!

Which drl bulbs did you end up using or is this a continuation from Mr Toby's mod.

Thanks.

N.

They'll charge you an arm and a leg for changing them to LEDs mate, if they're willing to do them at all!

It's easy to take the door cards off.

Use a flathead screwdriver to take of the aluminium (or other) inserts. Use a torx bit to unscrew the 2 screws you find under the insert and the one at the bottom (near the puddle light).

Starting from the bottom pull the doorcard off unpopping the clips as you go around until the car is hanging on just by the top.

Wiggle the top free so the card comes off.

Disconnect the big electrical connector and the door release connection so you can take the card away from the door!

Yeah true say... Its just been so cold cant be asked to do it.
I remember someone mentioning they had theirs changed without charge so thought i'd try aswell too.

Either way shoudn't be a problem if i try myself. On tobys write up he said you got to tape up something so it doesn't come loose.. Did you?

Which drl bulbs did you end up using or is this a continuation from Mr Toby's mod.

Thanks.

N.

They the sidelights actually... look like DRLs though because it lights up that whole part of the light (where the DRLs sit). I got standard yellow DRLs. Stuck with Tobys sidelights.

:thumbsup:

Yeah true say... Its just been so cold cant be asked to do it.
I remember someone mentioning they had theirs changed without charge so thought i'd try aswell too.

Either way shoudn't be a problem if i try myself. On tobys write up he said you got to tape up something so it doesn't come loose.. Did you?

This is correct. On the front door you can get the puddle light unit half out with a flat head screw driver. Once half out, take the bulb out and replace with the LED. Once this is done, tape the bulb into place. If you forget to tape it up the bulb can come loose if you slam the door or over bumpy surfaces. Then you have to take the door card off to get the loose bulb out!

what side lights is toby using? im very interested!!!!