S3 slow puncture

Chris5

rear left tyre has a slow puncture can I get a normal cheap puncture repair from my local garage or is something else needed

RO65ERS

this will vary on two things
puncture location - centre tread / sidewall / shoulder
puncture size - upto 6mm diameter is repairable

so long as its just a nail or screw, and its 2" from the shoulder of the tyres (in the central 3/4) then it'll be easily plugged.

steeve

All reputable tyre places should advise you if it can be repaired safely or not...........
But get it done quickly as the last thing you want is a sudden deflation.

Snibo

When I used to be impressed by going really fast in a straight-line, I'd always get a new tyre in these type of instances.
Last thing you want is to get a sudden blow-out at speed.
Also, you don't want to be thinking about getting a blow-out due to a tyre repair i.e. is it going to hold, etc.

RO65ERS

a quality repair, will have no issues.

i've done repairs and then exceeded 100mph and fast road driving, with no issues.

would i track with a repaired puncture - no. but fast road - sure.
then again, my bonus is, i do it myself. so i know that its done right!

Chris5

I got it repaired by a reputable garage also managed to get all my tracking done he uses the hunter equipment which is the best about right now I think.
It's hard not to speed in the S3 so fingers crossed it doesn't blow out at high speed then

RO65ERS

I got it repaired by a reputable garage also managed to get all my tracking done he uses the hunter equipment which is the best about right now I think.
It's hard not to speed in the S3 so fingers crossed it doesn't blow out at high speed then

i got a puncture around 90mph. it wasn't fast, just slow - went down 10psi over night.
i keep a compressor in my boot of all my cars so i was able to pull over, and blow it up and monitor it.

i went to work early and repaired it.

since I've been at the higher end of the speedo various times.

hunter alignment, i wouldn't use anything less!