S3 servicing

Azz

Reaction score
Bought the car in Sept 2017 MY 66 plate.

does the car need a interim service now, approx 7 months . or shall i wait a year till sep 2018.? if so, do i doo full service

done around 3000 miles so far, on 10k in total.,

Also do i have to get it done at main dealers ,, whats the theory on this or can it be done at any other speciliast garages, car is on PCP. il prop return/exhcmnage end of aggremnt...

any advice?

I would stick to the schedule of once a year or 10k miles. Unless you do short trips, then I would suggest an oil change. But I think your car will recommend this anyway within the MMI.

There is a new law now that says so long as genuine parts are used, manufacturers cannot tie you into their centres to maintain warranty anymore. I know Kwik Fit do Audi services that keep the warranty in tact.

The only thing is there are still people that only want to buy a dealer serviced car, and it will have an affect on the value. However, If you are doing PCP and will chop it in at the end, you have a GFV anyway so no real issue.

Reactions: Azz
If your car has covered approx 10,000 on the same oil I’d definitely get an oil change now rather than wait till Sept. You mention it’s a 66 plate when was it first registered, is it over a year old?

My car is booked in with Audi on Thursday for an oil change and minor / inspection service where they’ve priced matched a local garage for £125. My S3 has covered just over 5,000 miles and is 12 months old in a few weeks.

Reactions: Azz
I would stick to the schedule of once a year or 10k miles. Unless you do short trips, then I would suggest an oil change. But I think your car will recommend this anyway within the MMI.

There is a new law now that says so long as genuine parts are used, manufacturers cannot tie you into their centres to maintain warranty anymore. I know Kwik Fit do Audi services that keep the warranty in tact.

The only thing is there are still people that only want to buy a dealer serviced car, and it will have an affect on the value. However, If you are doing PCP and will chop it in at the end, you have a GFV anyway so no real issue.

i do short trips. moved work closer to home now and prop do around 400-500 miles a month. so generally shorter journeys.

car was registered Sept 2016 and bought sept 2017, from Audi bolton so i guess it was all serviced etc before i bought it from them .

id usually service everyyear as i dont really do 10k a year. so il prob get service/oil change in Sept 18.

My car is booked in with Audi on Thursday for an oil change and minor / inspection service where they’ve priced matched a local garage for £125. My S3 has covered just over 5,000 miles and is 12 months old in a few weeks.

top that....

i do short trips. moved work closer to home now and prop do around 400-500 miles a month. so generally shorter journeys.

car was registered Sept 2016 and bought sept 2017, from Audi bolton so i guess it was all serviced etc before i bought it from them .

id usually service everyyear as i dont really do 10k a year. so il prob get service/oil change in Sept 18.
I wouldn’t assume it has been serviced. Did you not get a printout of the service record when you bought it? I would ask the dealer for a printout if you haven’t got one.

I know £125 is a steal, matched without a fuss too!
That's a world first. Never heard of any Audi dealership matching indie prices, they're normally out by half, and that's with a discount!

That's a world first. Never heard of any Audi dealership matching indie prices, they're normally out by half, and that's with a discount!
Managed it twice now, must just be lucky with my local dealer, although they won’t give me an extended test drive in a RS3 :(