S3 servicing requirements

MrZ

Reaction score
Hi have put a deposit on an s3 66 plate with under 7k miles. The car is meant to have full audi service history but will speak to the servicing department tomorrow to confirm.

How many services should it have had? Are the haldex and stronic changes time or mile based?

Thanks

Hi have put a deposit on an s3 66 plate with under 7k miles. The car is meant to have full audi service history but will speak to the servicing department tomorrow to confirm.

How many services should it have had? Are the haldex and stronic changes time or mile based?

Thanks
One a year or every 10k mine is on so based on that yours should have 5 services . The gearbox/haldex is at 38k or four years old off the top of my head correct me if i'am wrong .

What colour and spec have you gone for ? super low mileage for its age :icon thumright:

Reactions: MrZ
If your car is the 310ps facelift model with the 7 speed S-tronic gearbox the service schedule is as follows:

The above captures things well - but to put it into words, you should strictly expect it to have had:

- 2016 PDI
- 2017, oil change service
- 2018, inspection & oil service / pollen filter
- 2019, oil change service / MoT / brake fluid / Haldex coupling oil
- 2020, inspection & oil change service / MoT / pollen filter
- 2021, oil change service / MoT / brake fluid

Nonetheless, "full" history probably amounts in Audi's eyes to a bi-annual oil change service. Many new cars left dealers with the Audi factory default of mileage-dependent (Longlife) servicing rather than the fixed interval annual service setting. So, you will probably find it unrealistic that a car has fully met the schedule above.

At 7k miles, I would be prepared to be flexible on some service items that were time rather than mileage-dependent. Arguably a 7k miles car that had followed the above would have been over-serviced... or just be a car belonging to me. ;)

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, MrZ, JohnM100 and 1 other person
My car is in for its second service next month and the MMI says its just an oil change and the third service next year is oil / inspection ?
bit baffled as I thought the first service was just an oil change and the second was oil / inspection ?

Edit . Sorted my car had an oil / inspection for its first service so its just oil service for second .

Last edited:
The above captures things well - but to put it into words, you should strictly expect it to have had:

- 2016 PDI
- 2017, oil change service
- 2018, inspection & oil service / pollen filter
- 2019, oil change service / MoT / brake fluid / Haldex coupling oil
- 2020, inspection & oil change service / MoT / pollen filter
- 2021, oil change service / MoT / brake fluid

Nonetheless, "full" history probably amounts in Audi's eyes to a bi-annual oil change service. Many new cars left dealers with the Audi factory default of mileage-dependent (Longlife) servicing rather than the fixed interval annual service setting. So, you will probably find it unrealistic that a car has fully met the schedule above.

At 7k miles, I would be prepared to be flexible on some service items that were time rather than mileage-dependent. Arguably a 7k miles car that had followed the above would have been over-serviced... or just be a car belonging to me. ;)
Thanks for that. The car has done 6300 miles and has been set on long life servicing. As you say Audi do count this as full audi history but I have always serviced my previous cars annually so will get this changed.

One a year or every 10k mine is on so based on that yours should have 5 services . The gearbox/haldex is at 38k or four years old off the top of my head correct me if i'am wrong .

What colour and spec have you gone for ? super low mileage for its age :icon thumright:
The car is a navarra saloon, it's getting delivered tomorrow so looking forward to it. The spec from the audi app is:

Pan roof, privacy glass, technology pack advanced, high beam assist, advanced key, auto dimming rear and side mirrors, folding mirrors, b&o, virtual cockpit, mmi navigation plus with touch, audi phone box with wireless charging, audi connect, rear view camera, driver assistance pack, hill hold, pre sense front with pedestrian recognition, pre sense basic, park assist, audi active lane & side assist with traffic jam assist and emergency assist, adaptive cruise control with stop & go, traffic sign recognition.

They specced a lot really and also took the 5 year audi warranty

Reactions: toooldforboyracing and Mr Freeze
The car is a navarra saloon, it's getting delivered tomorrow so looking forward to it. The spec from the audi app is:

Pan roof, privacy glass, technology pack advanced, high beam assist, advanced key, auto dimming rear and side mirrors, folding mirrors, b&o, virtual cockpit, mmi navigation plus with touch, audi phone box with wireless charging, audi connect, rear view camera, driver assistance pack, hill hold, pre sense front with pedestrian recognition, pre sense basic, park assist, audi active lane & side assist with traffic jam assist and emergency assist, adaptive cruise control with stop & go, traffic sign recognition.

Great spec mate congrats does it have super sports seats ?

Sounds like a great spec, all the driver assists packages are rare on an S3, well worth their money.

Great spec mate congrats does it have super sports seats ?
No unfortunately not. I wanted an ara blue car with supersports seats and digital dash. However I could see the spec was high on this car and at the miles it would have been silly to pass it by. The owner didn't pick supersports, red calipers or matrix lights

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Sounds like a great spec, all the driver assists packages are rare on an S3, well worth their money.
Thanks will need to have a look at the book later to see how it all works. Car is here now, absolutely like brand new and feels so nice to drive. I bought it from a Toyota main dealer and unfortunately the floor mats seem to have been removed during the valet. In the video I was sent it was black mats with red piping, guessing that's the genuine ones. Is there any decent after market alternatives or just purchase from Audi?

Thanks will need to have a look at the book later to see how it all works. Car is here now, absolutely like brand new and feels so nice to drive. I bought it from a Toyota main dealer and unfortunately the floor mats seem to have been removed during the valet. In the video I was sent it was black mats with red piping, guessing that's the genuine ones. Is there any decent after market alternatives or just purchase from Audi?

Get Audi matts. The're not hugely expensive in the grand scheme of things.

Supersport seats are easily added, Red callipers if thats your thing also easily done..some of the kit you have cant be retrofitted and if it can, its hugely expensive, so better to do it the way around you have for sure!

Reactions: MrZ and Mr Freeze
No unfortunately not. I wanted an ara blue car with supersports seats and digital dash. However I could see the spec was high on this car and at the miles it would have been silly to pass it by. The owner didn't pick supersports, red calipers or matrix lights
Thats the spec of my car Ara blue ss seats tech pack digital dash and interior design red stitching through out the car :smiley:

Get Audi matts. The're not hugely expensive in the grand scheme of things.

Supersport seats are easily added, Red callipers if thats your thing also easily done..some of the kit you have cant be retrofitted and if it can, its hugely expensive, so better to do it the way around you have for sure!
Thanks will get some matts from Audi.

Thats the spec of my car Ara blue ss seats tech pack digital dash and interior design red stitching through out the car :smiley:
Must look great. I have wanted an Ara blue car for years. I have had 2 mk3 TTS neither of which ended up being Ara and now the navarra s3.

In saying that the navarra looks really nice as well. Perhaps I add supersports in the future.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Should also have asked. I had audi beam lights in my tts. This s3 has the internal led package but doesn't have audi beam. I kept the lights from my tts so will fit them but wasn't that standard on the s3

Must look great. I have wanted an Ara blue car for years. I have had 2 mk3 TTS neither of which ended up being Ara and now the navarra s3.

In saying that the navarra looks really nice as well. Perhaps I add supersports in the future.
Yeh Navarra blue is a very nice colour . Super sports seat look great and are pretty comfortable and well worth having imo