Facelift S3 servicing costs/service plan

R_V

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and due to take delivery of my S3 on March 1st from Stirling Audi.
I've ordered a sportback in panther black with privacy glass, parking plus, autohold and the technology pack advanced with virtual cockpit. Coming from years of only owning golf GTI's I can't wait.

My question is: I know the discussion around a service plan will take place when I go to pick up the car. What experience have others had and what should I realistically expect in terms of a good deal for a service plan and also is it worth it? Is it better to just pay for the services as and when they are due?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Not sure as though there is one, I've not seen anybody talk about one.

I asked about a plan, I got told that you cannot purchase a service plan after the car is collected.

If you want a service plan on a new Audi, you have to do it from new... according to an unreliable Cardiff Audi service department haha.

I bought 3 years servicing for £399 when I bought my car. But I think they withdrew that from the next brochure - it was too good a deal!!
I get my three annual services (but not MOT) for £399, which is a lot less that buying separately.

One thing to watch, if you are going to do less than 10K per annum you need to get them to set the car to fixed schedule servicing (ie annual)

I bought 3 years servicing for £399 when I bought my car. But I think they withdrew that from the next brochure - it was too good a deal!!
I get my three annual services (but not MOT) for £399, which is a lot less that buying separately.

One thing to watch, if you are going to do less than 10K per annum you need to get them to set the car to fixed schedule servicing (ie annual)

I do around 12-13k, would you go for fixed or variable? I can't decide :/

This was discussed when I bought my car almost 2 years ago so no idea what is offered now but at the time the salesman said that you won't be doing enough miles to make it worth taking - I'm not so sure now. I do a little over 13k a year, first service cost was £347.48 and the second one £128.52 so bear these numbers in mind.

Reactions: AudiNutta and pburv
I do around 12-13k, would you go for fixed or variable? I can't decide :/
Go with fixed....At least you know the engine has had fresh oil every twelve months..

Reactions: AudiNutta and Rob2k68
I'm heading to Stirling Audi to drop the retention certificate for my reg plate at the weekend. I'll ask for the car to be put in a fixed service schedule. I'd hope that they would do this given I only do about 7kmiles per year but you never know. I'll report back on what options I am given regarding the servicing.
From what I've been told my car should be with the dealer early next week. I asked about collecting before March 1st and was told that it could be as much as a £500 difference in trade in value if I have it as a 66' plate versus a 17' plate. Based on that I'm happy to wait the extra few days for it. Has anyone else heard of this value difference?